No Sound except in Fairlight page issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Laurent Chindeko

No Sound except in Fairlight page issue

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 4:38 am

Hello everyone,
I encounter a strange No Audio case after installing DR 14 (not the studio version) on my MacBook Pro mid-2014. I don't have sound in any pages except the Fairlight page. The worst is when I'm in the Media, Edit, and open the Meters, the levels are moving but no sound. If open my timeline in the Fairlight page, then the sound comeback.
No matter what I've tried, still no sound, but the meter is showing that there is sound but I cannot hear anything until I open my timeline in the Fairlight page.

Everything is configured with the default settings.

Did someone else already experience the same type of issue, and was able to fix it? If yes, can you share how did you fix it?

I appreciate your help, by advance many thanks

Best regards
Laurent

Jack Daniel Stanley

Re: No Sound except in Fairlight page issue

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 6:18 am

I have this issue also.

I can only get sound in the Fairlight page all of a sudden.

Which makes it hard to edit...
2018 Intel MacBookPro ~ Radeon Pro 560X, 4GB ~ Intel UHD Graphics 630, 1.5GB ~ 32GB 2400MHz DDR4
Blackmagic eGPU ~ Radeon Pro 580, 8GB
External SSD1:Media & Proxies ~ External SSD2:Cache
RESOLVE:18.6.4 ~ macOS:14.1.2

Jack Daniel Stanley

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 6:56 am

Solved - for me at least.

Did the Apple "Genius" go-to 1st suggestion to fix anything.
Basically I shut down my laptop and rest PRAM and SMC.

This is the order I always do it in, and In case you might need to look up the key combinations/to make this thread as useful as possible for anyone else with this issue:
  1. Shut down.
  2. Unplug all from laptop.
  3. Plug power back into laptop.
  4. Reset SMC (System Management Control) 2 or 3 times. (SHIFT + OPTION + CONTROL + POWER BUTTON)** for 10 seconds each time) . If your macbook is fully charged - nothing will happen. If your macbook is partially charged the amber light will blink green after each time you release the keys.
  5. Rest PRAM (Parameter Random Access Memory) 2 or 3 times. -- Hit Power. Quickly hold down COMMAND+OPTION and the keys "P" and "R" until you hear the gong/chime -- and (optionally) I keep holding them down until I hear the chime 2 more times.
** SMC reset key combo should be the same for all macbooks that have a non-removable battery.
2018 Intel MacBookPro ~ Radeon Pro 560X, 4GB ~ Intel UHD Graphics 630, 1.5GB ~ 32GB 2400MHz DDR4
Blackmagic eGPU ~ Radeon Pro 580, 8GB
External SSD1:Media & Proxies ~ External SSD2:Cache
RESOLVE:18.6.4 ~ macOS:14.1.2

Laurent Chindeko

PostSat Dec 09, 2017 2:04 am

Hi Jack Daniel,
Many thanks for your answer and your solution.
I’ve try and did both the SMC and PRAM reset but I still have the exact same problem, still no sound except in the Fairlight page.

I’ll try again later to see if this can solve my problem. Again many thanks.

Best regards
Laurent

Return to DaVinci Resolve