CVP in England won't apply the "LOYALTY loyalty upgrade

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Norbert Seynhaeve

CVP in England won't apply the "LOYALTY loyalty upgrade

PostSat Dec 02, 2017 10:11 am

Hi everybody,

Just to tell you that CVP in England do not apply the loyalty upgrade offered on URSA Mini Pro 4.6K for customers who purchased the original URSA 4K.
I have to say that I purchased the URSA PL mainly to get the possibility to upgrade the sensor in the future.
Now the opportunity exist to upgrade the turret through the loyalty upgrade.
I've asked a couple of time CVP to apply the right price for the new URSA MINI PRO 4,6K without success.
That's the reason why I sent by post a letter to GRAND PETTY with the following words :

"Good morning Mr Grant PETTY,
I’m a good customer of BACKMAGIC ( BM 4K PRODUCTION PL, BM URSA PL, 2 BM DOCKS SSD..) and, as you see I bough in january 2015 a BM URSA PL maintly for the possibility to upgrade the sensor with an upcoming TURRET.
I’ve already email your technical support a couple of time to ask them is the possibility exist now to upgrade my URSA PL sensor.
Now, on the FORUM, due to technical challenges, I read a posting ( 10th of july 2017) from you that “ the loyalty upgrade offer on URSA Mini Pro 4.6K for customers who purchased the original URSA 4K camera has been extended until further notice” and this was confirmed by your technical support yesterday.
You want me to take contact with my reseller ( CVP in LONDON) and ask them to apply the loyalty upgrade ( purchasing the URSA MINI PRO 4,6K at 3,495 $) and providing them a copy of the invoice and a picture of the URSA with the serial number, what I do.
Since the 28th of November I try to get this opportunity through CVP and, unfortunately, they refuse to apply the loyalty upgrade. They answer me :

“Thank you for the email. 
Blackmagic might be offering this. 
Blackmagic supply their gear through distributors and our UK distributor is not willing to work with us on this offer and have refused to honour the discounted price. 
Kind Regards, 
Ellis Beesley  |  Sales Account Manager”

You can understand, Mr PETTY, that I cannot accept the position of your UK distributor and I would like you to ask to take contact with your UK distributor and ask them to apply the “loyalty upgrade”, in order to respect the engagement of BLACK MAGIC.
I have to tell you that I’m also a good customer of B AND H in NY ( who’s applying the loyalty upgrade) but, unfortunately I bought the URSA PL by CVP.
I would greatly appreciated your intervention in this matter
Thank you very much.

Norbert SEYNHAEVE

I hope Mr GRAND PETTY will do something for me.

Andy Coulthurst

Re: CVP in England won't apply the "LOYALTY loyalty upgrade

PostSat Dec 02, 2017 11:55 am

Thats very disappointing - I have recently bought an Ursa Mini 4K through CVP.
I will watch with interest how they respond to you - as it will definitely affect my future purchases through CVP.
Good Luck!

Denis Kazlowski

PostSat Dec 02, 2017 9:48 pm

Does it have to be the same dealer? I think you just have to be the original buyer or the serial number of the camera must not have been used prior to get the upgrade price. So an easy solve would be to ask a different dealer with URSA Mini's in stock. You have to ask yourself if you want the camera more or to have BM fix their dealer chain - CVP in this case.

Norbert Seynhaeve

PostSun Dec 03, 2017 8:37 am

Thanks for yours response .
I am the original buyer and the serial number of the camera has not been used prior to get the upgrade price. Do you thing that an easy solve would be to ask a different dealer with URSA Mini Pro's in stock. I though that this last solution was not possible because the original invoice was issued by CVP.
If you think that a different dealer in England would apply the loyalty deal, I would go to them.
Please would you be so kind to confirm this.
Thanks.

Norbert.

Denny Smith

PostSun Dec 03, 2017 6:42 pm

With a try... As far as I know, BM did not specify you had to go back to the original dealer you purchased from, if yiu have the invoice you,should be good to go.
Cheers
Last edited by Denny Smith on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Xtreemtec

PostSun Dec 03, 2017 7:03 pm

But was this whole thing not a limited time offer?? I remember something like that said in februari when the UMP came out that you had 1 or 2 months time to get this offer and otherwise expired...

But maybe i'm completely wrong.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Leon Benzakein

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 am

Xtreemtec wrote:But was this whole thing not a limited time offer?? I remember something like that said in februari when the UMP came out that you had 1 or 2 months time to get this offer and otherwise expired...

But maybe i'm completely wrong.. ;)

This search was done on December 3, 2017 in U.S.A..

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... grade.html

https://www.markertek.com/product/bmd-u ... ty-upgrade

https://www.coremicro.com/blackmagic-ur ... ursa2umpup

https://www.videotoybox.com/Blackmagic- ... URSA2UMPUP

However I found this too from the UK, "This offer is valid until the 31st March 2017."
https://www.proav.co.uk/news/ursa-upgrade-promotion/

Long Live BMD!
Television: Lighting/Cameraman, O.B. Camera Operator, Experience in EFP, EPG and ENG , Grip, Lamp Operator
Film: Grip, Lamp Operator
Theater: Lighting Designer, Light board Operator, Stage Electrician, Stage Management

Leon Benzakein

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 12:28 am

Message from Grant Petty posted July 10,2017

URSA Mini Pro 4.6K upgrade and URSA Turret update

viewtopic.php?t=61288
Television: Lighting/Cameraman, O.B. Camera Operator, Experience in EFP, EPG and ENG , Grip, Lamp Operator
Film: Grip, Lamp Operator
Theater: Lighting Designer, Light board Operator, Stage Electrician, Stage Management

Denis Kazlowski

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 9:00 am

Denny Smith wrote:With a try... As far as I know, BM did not specify yiu had to go back to the original dealer you purchased from, if yiu have the invoice you,should be good to go.
Cheers

+1!

Xtreemtec

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 10:35 am

Leon Benzakein wrote:However I found this too from the UK, "This offer is valid until the 31st March 2017."
https://www.proav.co.uk/news/ursa-upgrade-promotion/

Long Live BMD!

Might be that CVP did not get the notish or did not update the website.. As BMD in Februari announched that it would be 1 or 2 months.. (Not sure anymore.. Was in 1 of the videos..)

So it might that some dealers are just not clear off all the fuzz.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Norbert Seynhaeve

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 2:42 pm

Thanks for all your answers.
So some of you are thinking that there is no problem for me to work with B AN H ( which is also one of my goods suppliers) for the loyalty offer, even if I order the URSA PL by CVP LONDON ?
Thanks for your confirmation.

Norbert.

Denny Smith

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 pm

Norbert, just give B&H a call,or send an email, then you will know.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Norbert Seynhaeve

PostSat Dec 16, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi Everybody,

Everything is OK now, CVP ( in fact the england reseller ) accept to apply the loyalty upgrade.
Thanks to everybody.

Return to Cinematography