Fairlight bug

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Thom Britten-Austin

Fairlight bug

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 11:20 am

bm_1_panning.PNG
bm_1_panning.PNG (126.88 KiB) Viewed 775 times

Please see attached picture. Without being disrespectful of BM and well aware of the problems faced by any software company and a new product, I really think that BM should take a serious look at the Fairlight page which promises so much (see BM website) but delivers so little due to the bugs.

Now that I have finally worked out how to get 5:1 working in DR14 it came as a cold shower to discover that the PAN control has a mind of its own. It behaves erratically without any obvious logic. Tracks that previously worked fine now are silent for no obvious reason.

The automation record button goes on and off for no apparent reason and the whole thing is I'm afraid, what we would call in the bizz, a 'mess' (not being too technical I hope)

The attached picture/effect is just one of many issues and was caused by me panning track 1 to the front.

So Please BM do something about this as it's a black spot in an otherwise great application!
Thom Britten-Austin
Windows 10, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X, Resolve 18.5

Piotr Wozniacki

Re: Fairlight bug

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Thom Britten-Austin wrote:Now that I have finally worked out how to get 5:1 working in DR14 it came as a cold shower to discover that the PAN control has a mind of its own. It behaves erratically without any obvious logic. Tracks that previously worked fine now are silent for no obvious reason.

I'm just discovering it too; see my other thread. Considering how buggy FairLight is, I really seriously consider dropping my learning process for a long while and only picking up where I left after some more positive feedback from FairLight users start to come in.

I mean - what's the point of trying to achieve something and, when it seems impossible, not even knowing whether it's a bug or myself doing something wrong?

Piotr
AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP3200 | 2x RTX 2080Ti GPU | 4x 3TB WD Black RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

Thom Britten-Austin

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 6:58 pm

Piotr Wozniacki wrote:
Thom Britten-Austin wrote:Now that I have finally worked out how to get 5:1 working in DR14 it came as a cold shower to discover that the PAN control has a mind of its own. It behaves erratically without any obvious logic. Tracks that previously worked fine now are silent for no obvious reason.

I'm just discovering it too; see my other thread. Considering how buggy FairLight is, I really seriously consider dropping my learning process for a long while and only picking up where I left after some more positive feedback from FairLight users start to come in.

I mean - what's the point of trying to achieve something and, when it seems impossible, not even knowing whether it's a bug or myself doing something wrong?

Piotr

Exactly, even if the product is not expensive you'd think they would be more concerned with the good reputation it has(had?)
Thom Britten-Austin
Windows 10, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X, Resolve 18.5

Robert Frank

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 7:21 pm

I'm having audio issues also. Main output randomly only recognizes 1 output.

But I'm also having this issue with pans not behaving as expected.

I hate to say this but I may have to abandon Davinci Resolve for now :(

Return to DaVinci Resolve