Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion 9 Plug-ins for MacOS and Linux.

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Carmi Weinzweig

Fusion 9 Plug-ins for MacOS and Linux.

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 8:44 pm

I was asked to look for sites/sources/libraries of Fusion Plug-ins available for the MacOS and Linux versions of Fusion 9. Indicated.com looks like they have some interesting options, but they seem to be Windows only. I find many OpenFX plug-ins, but very few say they support Fusion (lots for Resolve).

It would also be great to hear about any OpenFX plug-ins that people are using with Fusion even if they aren't certified to work.

Thanks in advance.

michael vorberg

Re: Fusion 9 Plug-ins for MacOS and Linux.

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 7:09 am

I guess right now there isn't enough demand for fusion plugins to justify the higher development efforts to support all three platforms.

Krokodove is a free plugin set you should take a look at. I heard that the Ofx version of keylight still works in fusion
Then there is the ofx mocha plugin, Frischluft lenscare is ofx

What features do you miss and try to find within a plugin? Maybe a fuse can already be enough and that would be OS independent

Carmi Weinzweig

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 6:13 pm

Michael -
Thanks for that information. Our artists seem to like the Krokodove plug-in suite. There is no particular hole I am trying to fill. Coming from After Effects, our artists are still nervous about fully committing to Fusion as they see very few plug-ins that support it, versus many sites and suites with support for AE. They understand that many functions for which AE needs a plug-in are handled natively by fusion, but they are still concerned (hence my search).

Since you mentioned Fuses, do you have any sites/libraries/suites/packs :D of Fuses that you like? I would love to pass them on to our artists, to keep them moving forward with Fusion.

Thanks again.

Bryan Ray

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 7:21 pm

Plug-ins we have working here include Neat Video Reduce Noise; Re:Vision's Reel Smart Motion Blur, Re:Lens and DEFlicker; Sapphire Lighting; Keylight (no longer sold, but DeltaKeyer's better than the last OFX version, anyway); Splotchdog's PanoBlur; and Frischluft Out of Focus and Depth of Field. I'm fairly sure that most of those have MacOS versions.

Many Fuses are available at steakunderwater.com, which more on the way.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Return to Fusion