Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Online reseller

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Srecko Micic

Online reseller

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 6:44 pm

Is there online reseller where I can purchase Fusion from? I really have no idea why are you doing this reseller thing ... I understand this for hardware but not for software. I checked reseller list, and for my country there are 3 resellers, one is already shutdown, two does not show Fusion in their product list at all....

michael vorberg

Re: Online reseller

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 8:28 pm

there is currently no online shop, remind that you still need a dongle to run the studio version. but you could check the countries near you and ask if they would also ship to your home

Srecko Micic

PostFri Dec 08, 2017 8:46 am

That is sad. I could try that but in case something happens to dongle, it will take weeks to resolve it. Will keep using Free version until I need 4k, than will purchase something else. Thanks!

Yuval Rakavy

PostFri Dec 08, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi
really don't understand why you cannot just unlock the studio versions of fusion (and resolve) over the internet. In many cases the decision point is when you just need a feature that is not available in the free version and you need it right now. It is crazy to work hard to bring the customer to the purchasing decision point and then back off. I believe that blackmagic is loosing a lot of potential paying customers. The price point today is low enough that on the spot purchase will be common. I really don't understand how a technological innovative company is so 90s in it selling process!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thierry Bergeron

PostFri Dec 08, 2017 9:06 pm

Companies working on very big projects often have computers that are never connected to the internet, it would prevent those big companies from using the software. This is why Studio uses the dongle.

I don't know if you heard of it but there were series and movies that were stolen and the hackers demanded ransoms to not release them freely on the internet. This is why you may not want an internet activation that requires a connection for software to work.

Now with the latest version of Resolve you can get a serial number from a reseller if you ask for it. If you just place an order and do not ask for one they usually will send the dongle.

There was also a period of time, I think it is up now, where you could send Blackmagic your proof of purchase and serial number from the box for them to deactivate the dongle and they would send you a serial number to activate the software using the internet.

This will probably happen with Fusion in a near future. I would enjoy it, I would also like for Blackmagic to sell their own stuff and not have to deal with resellers, but for now it is what we have.

Also, if you complain about not being able to buy something from your country, it might help to either update your account so that when you post it shows where you are, or tell us, so that we can try and help. There are many resellers that ship worldwide or almost worldwide.

Srecko Micic

PostSat Dec 09, 2017 1:55 pm

I am from Serbia. I updated my account. If there is some re-seller that ships worldwide and you are aware of it please post here. Thanks.

That story about working offline, it is just stupid excuse, Nuke is being used 100x more than Fusion and they do not use dongle. Floating license server on local network, outside internet is just fine...

Return to Fusion