SDI Converters from $39. So tell me where?

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Richard Thompson

SDI Converters from $39. So tell me where?

PostSat Dec 09, 2017 7:04 pm

I keep seeing banners for sdi to hdmi converters for $39, click on the banner, leads me to the BlackMagic site, click on buy now, list of resellers pops up, click on any of them, the few that go to the page for the sdi converters are $59. Im following links BM is posting, where are these $39 converters of which you speak? Just curious

MambaFiber.com

Re: SDI Converters from $39. So tell me where?

PostSat Dec 09, 2017 7:45 pm

$39??? Try amazon/etc for converters as low as $25. we have many of these, they work great. I like the Portta brand the most I think. Most use USB powered so if using on monitor with a USB port you don't even need the PS that comes with them...
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

Andrew Martin

PostSun Dec 10, 2017 12:49 pm

My guess, the panel on the BMD website is showing a suggested retail selling price. It's a suggested selling price.
Also there's a good chance that the retailers shown in the listings are selling older stock purchased by them when the product was at a much higher price, so therefore being more expensive to them. If the expectations are for the retailers to sell at a loss then no retailer will be interested in being a BMD agent or holding BMD stock.

A.

Xtreemtec

PostSun Dec 10, 2017 1:42 pm

I am with richards standpoint. $39 dollar advertised.. If i change my country to Netherlands, i get a price of 35 euro.
But when you try to buy it in the webshops the cheapest i found was 69 euro.. Which is almost twice the price.. And yes i get that products need to be shipped and import duties and taxes..

But that is appliable to every country.. So i really do think the price is a bit on the lowside presented to beat the "chinese prices" as these prices do not compare to the retail advised prices the retailers ask for it!!
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Richard Thompson

PostSun Dec 10, 2017 1:59 pm

MambaFiber.com wrote:$39??? Try amazon/etc for converters as low as $25. we have many of these, they work great. I like the Portta brand the most I think. Most use USB powered so if using on monitor with a USB port you don't even need the PS that comes with them...

I tried one of the "sync" brand converters from amazon. For some reason the output is shifted to the right, so I have a black bar down 1/3 of the left side of my screen. Entire image is shifted to the right so I loose the right 1/3 of my image. Very possibly a setting on cam I have missed, not sure but I thought for only $3 more for one from BM I would like to go that route.

Asgeir Hustad

PostSun Dec 10, 2017 5:02 pm

Top reputable supplier: B&H Photo Video has the HDMI to SDI listed for $39, and the reverse model for $45. Of course, this is pre-order only, and only the models without a dedicated PSU, but that is as advertised and expected. I can't see how you could have missed this.

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 17.59.58.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 17.59.58.png (238.18 KiB) Viewed 2836 times

Ryan Payne

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 12:42 am

I do wish that BM would run their own store as well, would help with this and some of the more niche items. Plus get around me dealing with some retailers here in Australia that have really poor customer service/ knowledge of BMs return policy.

Thomas Seewald

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 9:01 am

My dealer (Germany) offers Micro Converter SDI -> HDMI for 47,89 + tax and the reverse model for 47,38 + tax. Both with power supply. The BM advertising is without power supply....
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Xtreemtec

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 9:37 am

Thomas you can get 2 models.. With and without power supply. The difference in the name is wPsu

You should also be able to get them without.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Thomas Seewald

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 11:56 am

Currently not listed by my local dealer. :-(
Only with power supply....
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Return to Off-Topic