ATEM Television Studio HD - BNC

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

BobFairchikd

ATEM Television Studio HD - BNC

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 4:20 pm

I have the ATEM Television Studio HD and it seems none of the BNC plugs are working. I have connected the Multiview via HDMI to my external monitor and i could see the MV. When I switch to the BNC connection for MV the monitor reports "No Signal". I have tried all the different video standards and none worked. I have tried to connect my Sony camera's via BNC to the ATEM and got nothing. Again the only camera i got working was an HDMI camera. Lastly when I connect my Hyperdeck to the ATEM via BNC the Hyperdeck reports no signal.

Denny Smith

Re: ATEM Television Studio HD - BNC

PostTue Dec 12, 2017 2:49 am

Bob, what kind of monitor did you try, and which Sony Camera? Might seem very basic, but you do know the BNC connectors on the ATEM are SDI connections, and not an analog video feed? :roll:
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Xtreemtec

Re: ATEM Television Studio HD - BNC

PostTue Dec 12, 2017 10:46 am

What Denny says.. You need to connect a SDI monitor if you want to use SDI output. Or use a SDI to HDMI converter to connect a HDMI monitor to it.

Also state a type number of the Sony cam. SDI is only on the high end Sony cameras.. The low end with the yellow plug that is Analog video and not SDI (Serial Digital Interface) Which is Digital video in a single cable.
Also you camera output must match the input settings of the Atem otherwise you will not get an image.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production