Problem in running Testpattern and Capture at same time

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Rajat_Shetty

Problem in running Testpattern and Capture at same time

PostThu Dec 21, 2017 11:48 am

Hi,

Actually I have a 'DeckLink 4K Extreme 6G SDI' device, and for this I am using 'BlackMagic_DeckLink_SDK_10.9.5' on my Ubuntu 16.04 machine.

My application requires running of Testpattern and Capture provided in the sample of SDK at the same time using a single card. So for that I have connected the HDMI-OUT of the card to the HDMI-IN of the same card. Then I tried to run the Testpattern and Capture executable provided in the SDK at same time. But the problem is that the Capture is not detecting any signal, it says:
"Frame received(#...) - No Signal detected"

But however both of them work perfectly when executed at different time.
So to execute Testpattern and Capture what I'm saying is:
./Testpattern -d0 -m 12 -p 2
./Capture -d0 -m 12 -p 2 -n 500 -v video.raw -a audio.raw

Any help, would be very helpful
Regards.

Jack Fairley

Re: Problem in running Testpattern and Capture at same time

PostThu Dec 21, 2017 8:23 pm

That card won't work for this purpose. You need either multiple cards, or a card that supports multiple video streams this way.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 6:36 am

Hi Rajat,

Actually you should be able to perform simultaneous capture as the DeckLink 4K Extreme supports full-duplex operation. You can confirm this with the DeviceList sample.

I would check that you have the input set to HDMI, by running the Desktop Video Setup application. Next try running combination of TestPattern with Media Express. From the Capture window you should be able to see colour bars with dropout.

Kind Regards
Cameron

Rajat_Shetty

PostWed Jan 31, 2018 8:06 am

Hi Cameron,

As you said I have set input to HDMI in Desktop Video Setup application. Then from the decklink SDK I tried to run the Testpattern provided. And in Media Express when I press the button for log and capture, I was expecting the output of Testpattern to be seen on the screen. But unfortunately this didn't happen and the screen appeared blank.

Waiting for any help.

Regards,

Return to Software Developers