Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion 9.02 released

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Adelson Munhoz

Fusion 9.02 released

PostThu Dec 21, 2017 11:47 am

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/family/davinci-resolve-and-fusion

Blackmagic Fusion 9.0.2
* General performance and stability improvements

Details for 9.0.2
New & Improved

* 3D: Added an "Optimize for Display" option to the FBX import dialog which, when disabled, prevents Fusion from optimizing the mesh for submission to OpenGL. This causes imported meshes to be stored in a less memory efficient manner (using more GPU memory) and to render slightly slower, but it stops Fusion from splitting some vertices on the mesh during import. Note: This will not stop all vertex splitting as the “Regenerate Tangents” option will also result in vertex splitting. When both options are disabled, a mesh can be imported into Fusion and then exported without the vertex count changing.
* 3D: Added auto-correlation of 3D scenes across the temporal domain.
* Tools: The various Custom tools and Expression modifier now support new trigonometry functions that deal with radians rather than degrees: sinr(), cosr(), tanr(), asinr(), acosr(), atanr() and atan2r().
* Tools: Significantly improved performance of Gaussian Blur when in OpenCL mode.
* Tools: Improved performance of DeltaKeyer by skipping the Color Curves Table kernel if it's not going to use it.
* Tools: Improved performance of ColorCurves, by keeping its OpenCL Program such that it doesn't have to constantly rebuild it.
* OpenCL: Common OCL programs are now pooled and re-used, to enhance performance.
* OpenCL: Implemented pipeline flushing during asynchronous kernel dispatch for enhanced performance.
* Formats: Updated DNx SDK for improved support and color accuracy.
* Formats: Added support for 12bit RGB format from AVID DNx SDK.
* VR: Updated to newer OpenVR SDK (v1.10)
* Viewer: Added a texture depth option for Material Viewer, enabling materials to be viewed in floating point.
* Viewer: Changed the fit-to-view (‘F’ key) functionality in 3D views. Previously, fit-to-view only took geometry into account. Now, when no geometry is selected in the 3D view, pressing ‘F’ will now fit all geometry, lights, and cameras in the scene. When geometry is selected, pressing ‘F’ will only fit the selected geometry ignoring any cameras/lights.
* Scripting: Added an option to script help to only fetch names for those classes with their own member functions, rather than any derived script class.
* Scripting: Added the capability for UIManager window layout to be explicitly recalculated, and widgets to be added/removed dynamically.
* Render Node: Now shows various Loader Cache Preferences to more effectively manage per-node caches.

Bugs Fixed

* Misc: Fixed an issue that could cause dongles to not be correctly recognised on systems with certain USB devices, such as the MacBook Pro with TouchBar.
* Misc: Fixed an issue on Linux where symbolic links could be undesirably resolved to their target directory when selecting clips in Loader or Saver.
* 3D: Fixed an issue with the Cook-Torrance Material that caused two sided lighting to work incorrectly in OpenGL views, and in Renderer3D.
* 3D: Fixed Domain Overscan handling in 3D rendering.
* 3D: Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect rendering of velocity channels from Renderer3D, and accumulation of animations in FBX Exporter tool, under certain circumstances.
* Tools: Fixed an issue where UVMap3D’s "lock UV's on Animated Objects" would sometimes fail due to a mismatch of temporal scene contents.
* Tools: Fixed an issue that would cause Text3D to always re-render even if no inputs had changed.
* Tools: Fixed an issue that would cause non-extruded Text3D characters to randomly disappear.
* Tools: Fixed an issue in Override3D that caused some blend mode options to not be correctly hidden/shown when toggling the "Do Blend Mode" option.
* Tools: Fixed Saver’s Frame Saved Script edit to have the correct (mono-spaced) font.
* Tools: Fixed an issue in CopyAux that resulted in incorrect scaling when copying MaterialIDs (or other integer channels) into a float image.
* Tools: Fixed an issue in Volume Fog were adaptive and dithered sampling were not appropriately applied when in CPU mode.
* Tools: Fixed an issue with Volume Fog’s noise translation when processing in OpenCL mode.
* Tools: Fixed an issue that caused the super-sampling level Text+ option to not show on macOS and Linux.
* Tools: Fixed an issue when loading some legacy garbage-matte controls on keyers.
* Tools: Fixed a crash that could occur with the ColorCorrector and GamutConvert tools when no OpenCL hardware is available.
* Tools: Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect DoD bounds processing in HueCurves, which in OpenCL mode.
* Splines: Fixed an issue that could result in a crash when using ease in/out with open polylines.
* Flow: Fixed possible crash when shift+removing a tool that has an output connected outside its group.
* Flow: Fixed an issue with disconnection of tools in some case when shift+removing, if group/macro tools are being removed, or are connected to the removed tools.
* Flow: Don't show removed inputs in the popup menu of available inputs when alt+drag connecting one tool to another tool.
* Viewer: Fixed an issue that could cause long metadata strings to not be shown in the subviewer. They are now shown in a truncated form if they exceed a certain length, rather than not at all.
* Viewer: Fixed texture filtering issue for 3D LUTs that caused artefacts and banding at 100% scales, and incorrect values on the edges of non-smooth resized (zoomed in) pixels.
* Viewer: Fixed an issue with the selection of curves (eg. non-extruded Text3D) in the 3D views.
* Viewer: Fixed an issue that could cause buffer LUTs to not be correctly applied when reloading a comp.
* Video IO: Fixed a potential memory leak when monitoring in 10 bit YUV mode.
* Formats: Improved file I/O buffering in certain situations. This may enhance several formats, and specifically fixes an issue that could cause a significant slowdown when reading EXR files with large headers (such as substantial amounts of Metadata).
* Formats: Fixed an issue reading certain packed DPX files, where the row modulo isn't a multiple of 32 bits.
* Formats: QuickTime will now use the same compression names and defaults as Fusion 8.x for Uncompressed Formats, for improved compatibility.
* Formats: Fixed an issue that could occur when applying YUV to RGB conversion from Avid DNx SDK for some 16bit YUV formats.
* Formats: Fixed an issue when writing audio to video files using fractional frame rates, which would cause the audio to gradually lose sync in the rendered result.
* Formats: Fix the MXF saver where DNxHR 4444 files with alpha were saved with wrong header information.
* Formats: Fixed the bit depth of BGRA 8bit in QuickTime saver.
* Formats: Fixed an issue that could cause certain AVI formats to be written out vertically flipped.
* Formats: Fixed an issue where MXF files would fail to initialise correctly when loading direct to a viewer.
* Formats: Fixed incorrect VBR lossless Alpha mode in MXF support.
* OpenFX: Fixed an incorrect return, and potentially crash, in certain OFX plugins when querying the host window handle.
* OpenCL: Fixed a crash that could occur attempting to adjust OpenCL Preferences in systems with no OpenCL devices available.
* Bins: Fixed an issue that prevented dragging tools from the Tools Bins library into the Flow View from working correctly.
* Scripting: Fixed an issue where improvements to include Modules/ paths when loading an external source or binary module were not working correctly in Fuses.
* Scripting: Fixed an issue where “scriptlib” files would not be correctly loaded when running a script file, and only present in console scripting.
* Scripting: Cleaned up some cases of duplicate text when retrieving script class help, and fixed a script class name conflict that could generate incorrect help references.
* SDK: Fixed some issues with building various SDK sample files.

Arthur Sergin

Re: Fusion 9.02 released

PostThu Dec 21, 2017 9:51 pm

This looks excellent. I've spent an hour with some scripts which made previous 9x versions crashing instantly. Haven't noticed no single crash so far! Keep up an excellent work!
Hardware: Ryzen 7 1700, PRIME X370-PRO, 16Gb DDR4, GeForce GTX 1070, NVMe 960 EVO 250GB, WD 7200rpm 1Tb
Nvidia Driver: 415.27
Mesa: 18.3.2, Glu: 9.0.0, Ocl-icd: 2.2.12, libva: 2.3.0

daniel.partzsch

PostFri Dec 22, 2017 8:42 am

Anyone having some experience with 9.02 already? Please say that it is really more stable now. Started using Fusion a couple of months ago and love it for its quality and the nodal workflow but so far I unfortunately had a lot of issues. Don't want to go back to ae for Compositing work just because if stability reasons...

And what is your experience: do you just update to the newest version or is it better to uninstall the previous version first and get a clean install of the latest? Can you somehow migrate prefences and shortcuts? Because from 9.0 to 9.01 the shortcuts were for example stored /formatted in a different way in the according pref file and therefore didn't migrate properly. Thanks!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Arthur Sergin

PostFri Dec 22, 2017 11:29 am

As for me I have removed previous Fusion 9 setup. After that a new version was installed. No idea whether is it clean install or not as far as there are many config files may remain after uninstall process. Also, didn't bother with shortcuts migration. Also, I am under Linux OS so your experience may vary. Anyway 9.02 looks and feels much more stable
Hardware: Ryzen 7 1700, PRIME X370-PRO, 16Gb DDR4, GeForce GTX 1070, NVMe 960 EVO 250GB, WD 7200rpm 1Tb
Nvidia Driver: 415.27
Mesa: 18.3.2, Glu: 9.0.0, Ocl-icd: 2.2.12, libva: 2.3.0

Hideki Inoue

PostSat Dec 23, 2017 3:36 am

PointCloud3D will not be rendered. Make Renderable doesn't work!! :evil:
Fusion Studio v18.6.4 / DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K
Intel® Core™ i9-13900KS / 128GB RAM / Nvidia Geforce RTX 4090 (546.33) / Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Intel® Core™ i9-7980XE / 128GB RAM / Nvidia RTX A5000 (536.67) / Windows 10 Pro 22H2

michael vorberg

PostSat Dec 23, 2017 8:31 pm

Hideki Inoue wrote:PointCloud3D will not be rendered. Make Renderable doesn't work!! :evil:

Did you render with the openGL renderer? I think i remember it works only with that

AndyThirtover

Re: Fusion 9.02 released - First time crash!

PostSat Dec 23, 2017 9:26 pm

Hi there BM.

This happened the first time I tried 9.0.2:

Regards

Andy
Attachments
Fusion9Crash.txt.zip
Crash Dump
(24.32 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

AndyThirtover

Re: Fusion 9.02 released Crash Repeatable

PostSat Dec 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi there.

Import 3DS file, add 3DMerge, 3Drenderer, 3D camera.

As soon as you try to view the 3DMerge - crash.

Here's the second crash dump.

Regards

Andy
Attachments
Fusion9Crash2.txt.zip
(24.75 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Hideki Inoue

PostSun Dec 24, 2017 4:29 am

michael vorberg wrote:
Hideki Inoue wrote:PointCloud3D will not be rendered. Make Renderable doesn't work!! :evil:

Did you render with the openGL renderer? I think i remember it works only with that

Yes. I found that Make Renderable is working with 9.0.2. But only in certain cases, it doesn't. I'm investigating...
Fusion Studio v18.6.4 / DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K
Intel® Core™ i9-13900KS / 128GB RAM / Nvidia Geforce RTX 4090 (546.33) / Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Intel® Core™ i9-7980XE / 128GB RAM / Nvidia RTX A5000 (536.67) / Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Shawn Astrom

PostFri Dec 29, 2017 5:57 am

I just wanted to report that 9.02 is working great for me!!! No crashes at all for me :) Unlike 9.01...

Thanks for the great work! Fusion is amazing!!!

- Shawn

Fred Pienkos

PostFri Dec 29, 2017 6:41 pm

Thank you for this fix, it is very much appreciated!

Adelson Munhoz wrote:https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/family/davinci-resolve-and-fusion

* Tools: Fixed a crash that could occur with the ColorCorrector and GamutConvert tools when no OpenCL hardware is available.

* OpenCL: Fixed a crash that could occur attempting to adjust OpenCL Preferences in systems with no OpenCL devices available.

fabiosalas.ca

PostMon Jan 01, 2018 9:34 pm

Fusion 9.02 stuck at "initializing" stage, please help. Config: win 10 pro, MSI GE62 intel i7 6770 HQ Nvidia 960m 2gb, 8 gb ddr4 RAM memory

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Adelson Munhoz

PostFri Jan 05, 2018 9:54 am

fabiosalas.ca wrote:Fusion 9.02 stuck at "initializing" stage, please help. Config: win 10 pro, MSI GE62 intel i7 6770 HQ Nvidia 960m 2gb, 8 gb ddr4 RAM memory

Try to delete Fusion Preferences file and try again:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\Fusion\Profiles\Default\Fusion.prefs

Martin Raw

PostSat Jan 06, 2018 1:45 pm

Sorry for the dumb question. What's the best way to update? Uninstall and fresh reinstall? Do I have to export/backup my settings and reimport them or are the prefs in the user folder not touched by the install?
thanks

Return to Fusion