Mini monitor export still images?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Jason Walker

Mini monitor export still images?

PostTue Jan 09, 2018 6:47 pm

I'm trying to hook up a mini monitor for a script supervisor so she can grab screen shots. We have an image and everything but the only files that export are a tga file. Is there any way to capture these as jpegs? Any software recommendations, that are not superscription based are low cost? OS is windows 10. thanks

Xtreemtec

Re: Mini monitor export still images?

PostWed Jan 10, 2018 12:11 pm

You making screenshots with Media Express i guess?

You can go 2 routes.
Do the TGA version and batch convert them into jpeg with a free tool like Bordermaker

Or go the Snap desktop route. With a free tool like PicPick Screenshot maker Which is free for home use..
With PicPick you can crop and clean up the images direct from software. But to my feeling it takes more steps to do it this way then to go the Batch convert route. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Jason Walker

PostWed Jan 10, 2018 5:45 pm

The problem with doing a snip tool is that the view with BM software is too small to do anything with.

Ian Morrish

PostThu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 am

Free option is to use FFMPEG.
For My Decklink SDI 4K capture card, the command to grab an image at 720P50 is...

ffmpeg -f decklink -i "DeckLink SDI 4K@14" -pix_fmt rgb24 -vframes 1 f:\capture\test.png

Note: I'm using a slightly older version of ffmpeg from late 2016 that has the Decklink support compiled in (newer versions do not have Decklink support), found here http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

The string "DeckLink SDI 4K" is based on the card display value that you can get from Media Express Device drop down (I rename mine as I have multiple cards).
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

Return to Live Production