SDK Decklink Capture Sample shows black screen

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Hernán Sánchez

SDK Decklink Capture Sample shows black screen

PostFri Jan 05, 2018 12:20 am

Hi

Trying to learn about Decklink SDK, but the example to start named "Decklink Capture Sample" under DirectShow samples just shows a black screen when I select "Decklink Video Capture" device.

Any ideas on what do I need to this device to work as expected using DirectShow?

I'm using an Intensity Shuttle USB device and Windows 10. I installed "Desktop Video Windows 10.9.9" and "Blackmagic Media Express" works fine (capture mode shows the video input).

Thanks

Hernán Sánchez

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: SDK Decklink Capture Sample shows black screen

PostMon Jan 08, 2018 4:03 am

Hi Hernan,

Can you please revert to Desktop Video 10.9.7? We have located an issue in the Intensity Shuttle USB DirectShow filter, the fix will be included in a future release.

Kind Regards
Cameron

Hernán Sánchez

PostFri Jan 12, 2018 2:20 am

Hello Cameron

I installed Desktop Video 10.9.7 and tried again, but it's the same... black screen, no image shown using "DecklinkCapture.exe" example from DirectShow examples inside Blackmagic Decklink SDK.

Using "Windows 10", "Desktop Video 10.9.7" and "Blackmagic Decklink SDK 10.9.9"

Thanks.

Hernán Sánchez

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Jan 16, 2018 11:30 pm

Hi Hernan,

Can you provide details of the source for capture - eg video format/resolution and pixel format.

Are you able to capture ok using Media Express?

Regards
Cameron

Hernán Sánchez

PostWed Feb 14, 2018 4:11 am

Hello Cameron

Using the demo from BlackMagic, the DirectShow example "Decklink Capture Sample" shows a black screen, but using a different software that use DirectShow works Ok (actually a tried using ffmpeg).

I will use this external software and not the SDK for the solution i am implementing. Unfortunately the examples provided in the SDK are not enough for me to be able to learn how to code what I need to do.

Thanks

Hernán Sánchez

Return to Software Developers