Ideas for WebPresenter 2

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Stefan Bixner

Re: Ideas for WebPresenter 2

PostSun Jan 07, 2018 12:16 pm

H264 and configurable bitrate

Andrew Martin

PostMon Jan 08, 2018 2:06 pm

It'll never happen :-)
The WP wasn't created with the pro user in mind, it's design brief was for the YouTube generation.. not pro users.
BMD have already chosen to support TICO as an IP solution, so I can't see support for NDI.
And if you add up all the additional extras you're wanting, you've just doubled the purchase cost of the device.

But if we're looking to continue a wishlist... Add a RJ45 connector to allow h264 / h265 rtmp streaming to make it a standalone streaming device.

A.

Thomas Seewald

PostMon Jan 08, 2018 2:59 pm

.....to make it a standalone streaming device.

+1
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Xtreemtec

PostMon Jan 08, 2018 5:04 pm

+1 for a standalone Streaming device H264/265.

About NDI. Will never happen with the Atem.. And a USB box to go to NDI :?: :?: ..
Sorry but did you miss that there is just i almost FREE tool to send and receive NDI directly from and too your PC?

NDI is so compressed, you see all the big player including Nevion, Grass Valley and 15 other big companies in the broadcast world all adopt TICO. But Tico is too heavy for normal computers too handle..
In 12G 4K you are talking about 4:1 so 3Gbit data stream..

While NDI does XX 4K streams over 1Gbit network.. Hence much much more compression.. :?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

GallerySienna

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Johannes Hinterberger wrote:Hello community,
WebPresenter is doing it's job good, but I miss some features. U too? Fine, let's start a thread with suggestions/discussions... Who knows, maybe BMD can hear us.)

1) low frame max-framerate/resolution defined by user, but up to: 720p, 1080p (each up to 60 fps! for fake webcam)
2) network port with a virtual third input channel (NDI!!) and also a virtual output channel threw NDI
3) monitor out (in analogy to mini monitor)
4) full format capture/recording (in analogy to mini recorder, to PC or mac)
5) Daisy chaining solution, when thunderbolt is necessary (two ports!!)

Regards,
Johannes

You can already use WebPresenter as a source for Sienna WebCam for NDI
http://sienna-tv.com/ndi/webcamforndi.html
This will convert the WebPresenter output into an NDI Source on your network.

Andrew Martin

PostSun Jan 14, 2018 4:32 pm

You can already use WebPresenter as a source for Sienna WebCam for NDI
http://sienna-tv.com/ndi/webcamforndi.html
This will convert the WebPresenter output into an NDI Source on your network.

You could do the same running vmix, obs, ffmpeg wirecast, medialooks and any no. Of other ndi streaming programs, if we include a pc into the workflow. I think the ideas here is for a wishlist where the WP do these things itself.

A.

stefanflos

PostFri May 11, 2018 5:56 am

just found this post, already posted some ideas in a new thread so here again:

1 ability to set the framerate fixed. now i frequently see my inputs at 25p converted to 30p on the usb. i want to be able to set it fixed to 25...

2. i frequently mix on the web presenter and stream and record ( on a video assist) I can see the production output 3 times... would be great to be able to set the screen of the wp on the preview. so an option to follow production or the preview input on the wp screen.

( should be easy ... )

3 audio transitions. there are several easy improvements on the audio. one is being able to do seperate audio transitions. p.e. 2 cameras one with audio from mixer and one with audio from the room. sometimes you want to swap audio seperately from the video.

secondly: i do this all the time using one camera where L is mixer or mic en R is room ( a rode video mic recording all the room audio ).

it would be great if both L and R channels are seperated and can be treated ( mixed ) like audio inputs.

4. I think the wp is now basically ok. 720 is ok resolution. an option would be to go to 1080... for fb and yt live not really essential but an extra plus ( i use vmix for the higher res streaming... )

stefan

Return to Live Production