OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

jamesbutler

OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

PostTue Mar 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Hello,

I am renting the Black Magic Cinema Camera for a short film in April, I have 4 OCZ Vertex 3 SSDs that I use with my Hyperdeck. I will be using these drives with the BMC and shooting RAW. Has anyone ever had any issues with these drives ? Are there any problems I should be aware of prior to shooting (ie. Trim...) ?

Thank you
James Butler

Tobias Castorph

Re: OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

PostTue Mar 19, 2013 7:24 pm

jamesbutler wrote:Hello,

I am renting the Black Magic Cinema Camera for a short film in April, I have 4 OCZ Vertex 3 SSDs that I use with my Hyperdeck. I will be using these drives with the BMC and shooting RAW. Has anyone ever had any issues with these drives ? Are there any problems I should be aware of prior to shooting (ie. Trim...) ?

Thank you
James Butler

seems to be a bit of a dangerous choice. We used them also for the last four weeks on a every day basis - no dropped frames or other issues so far, but some other users (including John Brawley ) had been reporting horrible stuff...
there is another tread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=230
Maybe we are just some lucky people who got some good ones (if they perform well in your Hyperdeck Shuttle I don`t see any reason why they should not work with the BMCC)
MIDDLEEASTMAMBO
PRODUCTION & STUDIOS
Petersburger Str. 73
10249 Berlin

info@middleeastmambo.com

Tobias Castorph /CEO / Cinematographer

Return to Cinematography