MBP 13" to Hyperdeck Mini - Signal distorted/flickering

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Sito Schwarzenberger

MBP 13" to Hyperdeck Mini - Signal distorted/flickering

PostWed Jan 17, 2018 7:17 pm

I just bought 3 BM Hyperdeck Studio Mini .. i want to record the Output of my Macbook Pro 13" Late 2017 (Taskbar Version).

I use a USB-C to HDMI Adaper which goes to a BM MicroConverter HDMI to SDI which goes then to the Hyperdeck Studio MIni.
Everything brand new.

The problem is that the picture which arrives at the Hyperdeck is totally distorted and flickering = not useable at all.

Is there a known issue with MBP 13" with new intel graphics? (Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB)
or USB-C?

Because i tested the same configuration on my old MBP 13" (late 2011) with Display Port Adapter and it worked just fine.

Thank you

Xtreemtec

Re: MBP 13" to Hyperdeck Mini - Signal distorted/flickering

PostThu Jan 18, 2018 5:12 pm

Are you using an original USB-C to HDMI adapter from Apple?
I have seen other brands fail hard on Decimator and BDM gear.. So make sure you have a official Apple converter.

Also what resolution are you using? Try a different resolution like 1280x720 and see if this makes a difference.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Sito Schwarzenberger

PostFri Jan 19, 2018 3:25 pm

yeah i used the original from apple .. as well as two other brands ... same result

i also tried various resolutions .. same result

i guess the new 13" Macbook Pro just does not work with the Hyperdeck Studio Mini .. or the MicroConverter HDMI to SDI.
If so, they should write it on their homepage.

Howard Roll

PostFri Jan 19, 2018 7:23 pm

It's not BM. Apple has gone HDCP crazy with the newer models. I can't even get HDMI to work reliably to an Image Pro II without having to use DVI from my touch bar 15.

Return to Getting Started