Unable to launch Davinci Resolve after "successful" install

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

RobertD

Unable to launch Davinci Resolve after "successful" install

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 9:58 pm

I get the following error when I try to run Resolve after a successful install:

Resolve.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point clEnqueueMarkerWithWaitList could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Resolve.exe.

What is happening here? Help please if anyone on here has any solution to this error. This has happened to me twice now that I have uninstalled/reinstalled this software.

Thanks in advance.

Charles Bennett

Re: Unable to launch Davinci Resolve after "successful" inst

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 11:23 pm

Without any system info including OS, Resolve version, etc, no one can help you.
Look here: http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54509
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (546.01 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

RobertD

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 12:38 am

Normally I would agree that some system specs would be beneficial. In this case the error I am getting is not performance related but an installation problem. For the sake of argument I am running on an Hp All-in-one 600 with Win 10 and a Nvidia GeForce 200 with 64 Mb memory. I dont recall exact processor specs but as I say a missing dll has nothing to do with that IMHO.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 1:21 am

A GeForce 200 is not suitable for Resolve v14.

You can review the configuration guide at the top of this section for details.

Peter
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

RobertD

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 1:41 am

Thank you for that Peter. I was afraid of that. I guess I will move on to the next product. Better luck next time.

noreaction

PostMon Jan 29, 2018 4:08 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:A GeForce 200 is not suitable for Resolve v14.

You can review the configuration guide at the top of this section for details.

Peter

My specs are Windows 7 64 bit intel i7-2600 at 3.5 Ghz 16 gb ram, and a geforce gtx 970 graphics card. I was running resolve 12 free with no problems at all, and saw that there was an update, so today I uninstalled v12 and installed the most current version as of today, v 14.2.1 free and when I did the same error came up

"The procedure entry point clEnqueueMarkerWithWaitList could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll"

so I uninstalled v14, deleted everything from blackmagic and davinci resolve in the program files and the documents, and reinstalled. Then the same error came up but naming a different file now:

"The procedure entry point DeleteCriticalSelectrion could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll"

I am at a loss. What did I do wrong? How can I fix it? A clean reinstall doesn't seem to work.

keithsnyder

PostThu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 am

I have a GTX670 video card. It that compatible with Resolve 14? I'm also getting the "The procedure entry point clEnqueueMarkerWithWaitList could not be located in the dynamic link library OpenCL.dll" error. I'm running Win 7 Ultimate on a quadcore 3.1 with 16G of RAM, if that matters. I also tried to put Davinci on my Toshiba notebook just to see what would happen and got the same error message. Thanks

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Feb 02, 2018 2:28 am

Guys, you will need better computer configurations. Please review viewtopic.php?f=21&t=62582
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

mmullings

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 6:02 pm

Having same issue. Worked fine for a long time... hardware is above and beyond min. requirements.

**** Possible Fix ****

Uninstalled and manually deleted everything from Program Data folder as well as Program Files folder.

Reinstalled - and back up and running.

Hope it helps someone else...

DavidYung

PostSun Mar 18, 2018 12:49 am

I just came across the same issue on my machine which is an exotic config (Xeon 2699v4 dual CPU, outdated GT630 GPU). It's my first time ever with video editing.

The steps below solved the issue for my specific case.

I had to install the latest Intel CPU OpenCL drivers & libraries for my machine in order to solve this problem. It's not straightforward. I had to install the runtimes in the link below.

Intel CPU : software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers#latest_CPU_runtime
Nvidia GPU : ships with latest drivers
AMD/ATI : support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/OpenCL2-Driver.aspx

OpenCL is a heterogeneous computing language that makes use of both CPU and GPU. The drivers and libraries need to be up to date because Resolve 14 seems to make use of new functions that were released in OpenCL 1.2/2.0

Hope this helps !

guanche

PostFri Mar 30, 2018 1:55 pm

Installing the Intel CPU driver as per Mr Yung's comment fixed it for me

LostInTheMagic

PostSat Apr 14, 2018 10:12 am

HI, I am getting this same error. Thank You.

Haavard Pettersen

PostFri May 11, 2018 9:56 am

I get this error after the latest Windows 10 update. Resolve worked well before this.

Latest Resolve 14 version
GT 740 graphics card.

Before y'all start complaining about my graphics card, let me repeat that things worked well before the latest Windows 10 update.

UPDATE:
Reinstalling graphics card drivers cured it (even though Windows believed they were the latest available)
Last edited by Haavard Pettersen on Sun May 13, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charles Bennett

PostFri May 11, 2018 11:31 am

I have had a Windows update affect my graphics card to the point where it would not function. The solution was to re-install the nVidia drivers. Now all is well.
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (546.01 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Steve Waller

PostTue Aug 21, 2018 1:29 am

mmullings wrote:Having same issue. Worked fine for a long time... hardware is above and beyond min. requirements.

**** Possible Fix ****

Uninstalled and manually deleted everything from Program Data folder as well as Program Files folder.

This was a winner for me with Resolve 15 studio. Soooo glad I didn’t have to reimage my Win10 PC. Thanks

Grant McNair

PostWed Sep 12, 2018 3:11 am

mmullings wrote

Having same issue. Worked fine for a long time... hardware is above and beyond min. requirements.

**** Possible Fix ****

This worked for me on Windows 8.1

michhes

PostTue Sep 18, 2018 5:47 am

Same issue here, running Windows 8.1 on an older HP Elitebook 8440p.

A bit of digging suggests my Intel Core i7 does not support OpenCL (although my Nvidia GPU does...). I used cpu-z to confirm the CPU does include support for SSE4.2 but not AVX. No idea what exactly that means but I suspect OpenCL is somehow reliant on the AVX instructions.

I additionally tried downloading OpenCL runtime (or, specifically, the Intel SDK) but the installer confirmed OpenCL was not available on my system and errored out.

Was always going to be a struggle on this laptop anyway (with a "mere" 8GB of RAM).

Hope this helps someone.

aris95

PostSat Apr 06, 2019 6:44 pm

Hello i was able start DaVinci Resolve after installing

"OpenCL™ Runtime 14.2 for Intel® CPU and Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessors"
from codeproject.com/Articles/1206656/OpenCL-Drivers-and-Runtimes-for-Intel-Architecture#latest_windows_SDK_release

(OpenCL™ Drivers and Runtimes for Intel® Architecture)

but after browsing the Resolve tour the program noticed my GPU is not DaVinci capable (Intel HD 3000). There should be an test link which examines the computer setup before installing DaVinci software.

pibe88ita

PostMon Oct 28, 2019 10:44 pm

Hi guys. I just registered to tell everyone still having issues with the " No entry point found for.... openCL.dll " error that I found a way to make DaVinci Resolve 16 working.
Just let me clarify that i'm running a I5-7600 machine, gpu gtx 980-ti on Windows 8.1.

Long story short, Resolve wouldn't start and GPU-Z told me that OpenCL wasn't available, so I downloaded and installed the CUDA toolkit (2.1gb). Now OpenCL is available.

Still, the entry point error kept appearing but I found a very simple (almost stupid) workaround: I deleted the OpenCL.dll file located in the Resolve's folder and it suddenly began to work. Futhermore CUDA and OpenCL are both usable.

Hope this helps and sorry for my bad english :)

osel1188

PostMon May 25, 2020 4:16 pm

pibe88ita wrote:Hi guys. I just registered to tell everyone still having issues with the " No entry point found for.... openCL.dll " error that I found a way to make DaVinci Resolve 16 working.
Just let me clarify that i'm running a I5-7600 machine, gpu gtx 980-ti on Windows 8.1.

Long story short, Resolve wouldn't start and GPU-Z told me that OpenCL wasn't available, so I downloaded and installed the CUDA toolkit (2.1gb). Now OpenCL is available.

Still, the entry point error kept appearing but I found a very simple (almost stupid) workaround: I deleted the OpenCL.dll file located in the Resolve's folder and it suddenly began to work. Futhermore CUDA and OpenCL are both usable.

Hope this helps and sorry for my bad english :)

osel1188 wrote:Men you are genius

Dsslides

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 5:27 pm

I have a elitebook 8560w on windows 10. And I have this problem also. Is my computer capable of running it?

chnickiz

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 8:49 pm

I see this thread has generated a lot of views. I too couldn't get Davince Resolve 16 to start on my Windows system, even after following a lot of the suggestions I've found in various threads. Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but here's the solution I came up with:
  1. In the Windows system Control Panel I went to the Devices menu;
  2. I disabled the drivers for the Display Adapters (I have 2, you might have 1);
  3. Above step wil switch the screen to a low resolution (we'll resore that in step 7);
  4. I made sure no instance of Davinci Resolve was running in the background (Ctrl + Shift + Esc);
  5. I launched Davince Resolve 16;
  6. You'll get a message that "No OpenCL GPU was found" (a menu pops up, which I closed);
  7. I re-enabled the drivers of the Display Adapters in the Devices menu (resolution turns back to normal);
  8. I repeated step 4;
  9. From this moment forward I could (and still can) launch Davince Resolve 16 without a problem;
  10. I celebrated in silence (this step is not mandatory, but will result in a feeling of euphoria).
I hope this will help those people who still couldn't get Resolve to start after trying many of the suggestions that are mentioned elsewhere. I really like the program, so this is the least I could do to give something back.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 9:26 pm

No it’s not Dean.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve