Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Mirror and Tile equivalent

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Kays Alatrakchi

Mirror and Tile equivalent

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 9:37 pm

Sorry for the noob question but what is the Fusion equivalent for Motion Tile with mirror edges in Aftereffects?
>>Kays Alatrakchi
Filmmaker based in Los Angeles, CA
http://moviesbykays.com

Resolve 18.1.4, Mac OS X 12.6.3 (Monterey), iMac Pro 64Gb RAM, Decklink Mini 4K, LG C9

Mac Book Air M1, Mac OS X 12.6 (Monterey), 16Gb RAM

Sander de Regt

Re: Mirror and Tile equivalent

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 9:39 pm

Fusion Free or Studio?
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Kays Alatrakchi

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 2:46 am

Free (for now).
>>Kays Alatrakchi

Resolve 18.1.4, Mac OS X 12.6.3 (Monterey), iMac Pro 64Gb RAM, Decklink Mini 4K, LG C9

Sander de Regt

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 9:47 am

I don't know what Motion Tile is, but in the transform tool (Xf) you can check 'mirror edges' and when you move your image it might do what you're looking for.
If it doesn't please provides us with some explanation or a link to a video of what it is you're trying to accomplish.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Theodor Groeneboom

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 9:49 am

transform node has mirror, tiling, wrapping, flipfloppity functions.
Last edited by Theodor Groeneboom on Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kays Alatrakchi

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 6:19 pm

Sander de Regt wrote:I don't know what Motion Tile is, but in the transform tool (Xf) you can check 'mirror edges' and when you move your image it might do what you're looking for.
If it doesn't please provides us with some explanation or a link to a video of what it is you're trying to accomplish.

Thanks, Motion Tile in Aftereffects basically allows one to tile the footage in a grid extending the edges of the footage out. With the mirror option on, the footage is not only replicated, but also mirrored against the center clip creating a smoother way to extend footage beyond the edges of the frame.

Basically, what I need to do is duplicate and/or synthesize the edges of a video clip so that I can add a rotation to the clip.
>>Kays Alatrakchi

Kays Alatrakchi

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 6:28 pm

Theodor Groeneboom wrote:transform node has mirror, tiling, wrapping, flipfloppity functions. How about that f1 button eh?

Theodor, I am incredibly active in the Resolve forum and the Facebook Resolve group answering tons of questions. I have given lectures on Resolve here in Los Angeles and have created several tutorial YouTube videos, so please lay off the RTFM reply with me if you don't mind.

I searched in the manual and the nodes for anything resembling the words "Tile, Motion Tile, Duplicate Edges, Tiling, Mirror" and so forth and nothing relevant came up. I googled online and didn't find anything relevant to what I wanted to do. It would have never occurred to me to look in the Transform tool as in AE (and just about every other app), tiling and mirroring are not functions of transform.

I come here, and ask a legitimate question and someone like you always has to chime in with a smart ass reply. Congrats on turning off yet another potential user from Fusion.
>>Kays Alatrakchi

Yogendra Singh

PostThu Oct 04, 2018 1:21 pm

Kays Alatrakchi wrote:Sorry for the noob question but what is the Fusion equivalent for Motion Tile with mirror edges in Aftereffects?

Thx for asking this question Kays.
Now I know. Thx Theo.
https://www.instagram.com/weddings_by_yogendra/

Resolve Studio 18.0.1
Fusion Studio 16.2.1

Roei T

PostTue Jan 25, 2022 3:23 pm

for motion tile you can try two things that come to mind.

1. add a transform node after your image, merge it (say it's 200x200) with a transparent bg (say 200x10000), and set the transform node to warp

or

2. same setup as before with the transform node, but after that use the crop tool set it to keep center if you wish and then change the X size

hope you got it.

Return to Fusion