UltraStudio 4K Analog Audi In

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Carl Vasile

UltraStudio 4K Analog Audi In

PostSun Oct 30, 2016 12:33 am

I recently purchased an UltraStudio 4K. Running Desktop Video Setup version 10.8.2 on a version 10.9.5 Mac. I am unable to get any audio signal through the analog XLR or RCA in. Using a mic / pre-amp combo that I've tested on another system...output is working perfectly fine Tried multiple programs...AVID, Logic Pro X and even Quicktime player in audio recording mode. Is there something i'm missing? Anyone else run into an issue when trying to just use analog audio in?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: UltraStudio 4K Analog Audi In

PostMon Oct 31, 2016 11:46 pm

You cannot just run an audio signal into the US4k. There has to be a video signal ingested to the unit in order to have that audio embed to that.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Manuel Sanchez

PostSun Nov 06, 2016 12:07 pm

So, classica voice Over isn't possible with this box?

MathieuSachot

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 2:50 pm

Hello, i have the same trouble. Did BlackMagic will created a firmware update of the US4K to allow audio in without video ? i have a nice tube preamp for the voice over and it's really sad to use an old analog audio card instead of the AES EBU input of the US4K. If someone can help i'll really appreciate.
config is : MacPro 10,11,6 from end 2013; FCP 10,3,2, desktop video utility 10,5,

rogersuski

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 4:50 pm

Sure, a classic voice over is possible with the box if you feed black to the box along with your audio....just like when in a video edit suite, you needed to have video on your tape along with the voice over...it just so happened that the video source was black.

Return to Post Production