DaVinci 15 | Big feature request list.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Suhaib Siddiqi

Re: DAVINCI 15 | Big feature request list.

PostThu Dec 28, 2017 12:02 am

I came from Sony Vegas. When scanning audio through Preview Playback, hitting stop button returns the cursor to the point from where it started. This is very helpful when trying to find a point to cut in the audio. In Resolve, hitting the Stop button keep the cursor where it is. This causes an extra time to find the exact point again where I want to cut. I would like it to be implemented in Resolve.

Unless someone has a suggestion for an already existing feature similar to it.

Also deleting the clip from the Media pool should delete it from the Timeline too. If I delete it from the Media pool, I want it to be gone. I do not see a reason to leave an off-line media on the timeline!!

Thanks.
Last edited by Suhaib Siddiqi on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostThu Dec 28, 2017 12:09 am

Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:I came from Sony Vegas. When scanning audio through Preview Playback, hitting stop button returns the cursor to the point from where it started. This is very helpful when trying to find a point to cut in the audio. In Resolve, hitting the Stop button keep the cursor where it is. This causes an extra time to find the exact point where I want to cut. I would like it to be implemented in Resolve.

Also deleting the clip from the Media pool should delete it from the Timeline too. If I delete it from the Media pool, I want it to be gone. I do not see a reason to leave an off-line media on the timeline!!

Thanks.

In finishing, i find very useful to keep the references in the timeline where a clip was if i delete it. I would not like a change in behavior, but you might have a option when press delete:

Delete from media
Delete from media pool and from all timelines
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostThu Dec 28, 2017 12:12 am

waltervolpatto wrote:
Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:I came from Sony Vegas. When scanning audio through Preview Playback, hitting stop button returns the cursor to the point from where it started. This is very helpful when trying to find a point to cut in the audio. In Resolve, hitting the Stop button keep the cursor where it is. This causes an extra time to find the exact point where I want to cut. I would like it to be implemented in Resolve.

Thanks.

In finishing, i find very useful to keep the references in the timeline where a clip was if i delete it. I would not like a change in behavior, but you might have a option when press delete:

Delete from media
Delete from media pool and from all timelines

I understand everyone has his own likes and dislikes. For me, deleting the media from the pool means I want it gone from the Timeline too. Of course, the remaining clips on the timeline should stay where they were positioned.

I agree an option in the Preferences will be good. That way, people can configure the way they want.

Jim Simon

PostFri Dec 29, 2017 3:40 pm

Chris North wrote:- The ability to Zoom in on the source monitors scrub bar for when dealing with long clips.

This is such a basic necessity, I'm genuinely surprised BMD released the Edit page without it.

It's like buying a car without mirrors. In 1917, maybe. In 2017, just...no.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Seth Goldin

PostFri Dec 29, 2017 5:33 pm

It would be nice and convenient to show the tracker and stabilizer keyframes for a particular clip over with the rest of the other node and sizing keyframes.
https://www.sethgoldin.com

Ignacio de La Cierva

PostFri Dec 29, 2017 6:29 pm

Diede van Vree wrote:Support for Alpha channels in DNx and CineForm would be great.

+1

Peter Barrett

PostFri Dec 29, 2017 11:46 pm

1 In the Edit page, an Avid/FCP-style clip history menu. As soon as you match back to a clip, the previous thing you looked at is gone. It shouldn't require navigation in the Media Pool to get it back, which it does when "Always highlight..." is selected.
2 Select/copy/paste timecode fields, with calculation. Sometimes you just need to match stuff, or cue into a clip a certain duration.
3 For those avoiding the sparsely documented Fairlight page, the v12.5 audio patching was simpler and more reliable. If there's a way to bring that back as an option, I'm all for it. Seems Resolve's reliability as a delivery tool has been compromised to allow for a tilt at the ProTools market.
4 With the Advanced Panel, access to panel controls in the Edit page Inspector. I want to zoom, pan, tilt, crop as I can in the Color page - a vital part of a conform process that happens in Edit, not Color.
5 When entering timecode values (eg for Marker duration), start at the right, not the left. Why do i need to type a bunch of zeros, or maybe dots, to add 16 frames?
6 The ability to lock out, for example, Color page adjustments when someone else is in there doing a sound mix. Or lock a conform in the Edit page.
7 Again in the Edit page, the ability to lock a clip or set of clips in position, irrespective of future track selection or lock.
8 On the Advanced Panel keyboard, a substitute keyboard set that conforms to Mac conventions, with appropriate software support, instead of Ctrl-Fn-Win-Alt. Presumably the keys are user-removable...?

Please let me know if some of this is already in the manual but I think I'm safe there.
Peter Barrett

Dermot Shane

PostSat Dec 30, 2017 7:08 am

+1 to all of that...

and add ptzr edit page support to the small panels, Color, and Elements as well, who wants to tie up all their desktop with a huge 1998 style panel doing conform fixes anyway?

Mike Flynn

PostSat Dec 30, 2017 1:43 pm

Please fix the alpha channel inside compound clip bug.

Peter Cordes

PostSat Dec 30, 2017 2:07 pm

Maybe it's already written but ...

Please implement curves in timeline (inspector video) transform position.

With zoom it's possible, with crop it's possible ... why isn't it possible with position?

Thanks a lot
Peter

Alex Uzan

PostSat Dec 30, 2017 10:10 pm

Edit fixes

1) When we drag'n drop a file from bin to timeline, it always moves the playhead at the end of the clip. Would be nice to have an option to not move the playhead. Fixed in 14.2.1

2) When we select and split a clip on timeline, both parts are selected.
That's unusual, and very unconvenient.

3) The ability to move forward and backward the playhead with the vertical wheel mouse.
And why not, to zoom in and out with horizontal wheel mouse.

4) A next/previous clip/edit that could work with all tracks, even if tracks selector are not active or clip selected.

5) An option to disable playhead snapping, which is too strong.

6) A keyboard shortcut to go to next/previous keyframe of a clip/track selected
Already there. Missed it :oops:

7) The zoom behavior when we use shortcut keyboard is weird, not smooth, and different than when we use the timeline slider.

8) Tabs for timelines

9) Consistent shortcuts on all the pages

Improvements

A) More keyboard shortcuts (clip attribute, duplicate timeline, etc...)

B) To be able to add a node to a TextTitle. For grading or fx.

C) Keep transparency of a compound clip.

D) Double-click in media pool to import media.

E) Curves for position keyframe.

F) A shortcut/button to export a still right from the timeline.

G) A new timeline created from a clip could have the same name by default.

H) An option to remove unused footages from bin. (there is a workaround with smart bins)

I) The ability to replace any file by another one.
I'm thinking about offline different sources.

J) In the Media Pool, mark clips used in the timeline

K) A smart render between In and Out only.

L) A shortcut to add a mark on the timeline even if a clip is selected

M) The ability to navigate between fonts with the wheel mousse

N) The ability to rename shots, not only clip

O) The ability to drag audio/video tracks up and down

P) Clip Color should be reflected in the BIN as well as the timeline.

Q) OFX beeing keyframeable in the edit page

R) Clip attributes (OFX and standart clip settings) saveable and copy-pastable in the edit page.

And for the end, please take in consideration this amazing UI created by Marek Kubik

Thank You BlackMagick, and I sincerely wish you the best for 2018 :)
Last edited by Alex Uzan on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GuyMannerings

PostSun Dec 31, 2017 12:31 pm

Copying and pasting clips from one part of a timeline to another currently drops them in seemingly any random place it chooses - there is no logic to it. It could end up correctly at the playhead, it could end up at the beginning of a timeline, it could end up at the end of a timeline, it could end up on track 1 or track 3... zero logic.

It would be good if, upon hitting Paste, the copied clip goes to the playhead on the currently selected track (and track selection should just be a case of clicking the track).

Also, +1 that after dragging a clip from the media pool, there should be an option for the playhead to stay where it was and not jump to the end of the clip.
Resolve Studio 18.1.3 Build 8
Windows 10 (Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045)
Lenovo Legion 5 Pro laptop
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
Nvidia RTX 3700 8GB (Driver Version 30.0.15.1236)
32GB RAM
2 x WD Black SN750 2TB SSDs, one with Resolve + Cache, other with Edit media

Peter Cordes

Timeline Scroll Bar

PostSun Dec 31, 2017 12:52 pm

Timeline Scroll Bar:

When moving mouse left/right -> scroll the timeline scroll bar (as it is).

New request:
When moving mouse up/down -> Zoom in / out the timeline.

I had the requested feature on Autodesk Smoke / Flame and this is very very helpful when working with wacom pad and pen.
It makes navigation in the timeline way faster and easier.

Thanks
Peter

Peter Cordes

Gallery Window (Color Tab) resizable

PostSun Dec 31, 2017 1:52 pm

Make gallery windows rezisable.

When on color tab, menu WORKSPACE / GALLERY opens a gallery window.

This gallery window chooses it's size depending on Monitor / Screen size.

I have my main UI on a 32" Screen (2650x1440).
When I open the gallery window and drag it to the second screen (24" 1920x1080), it's to big for that screen.

That's why the gallery windows should be resizable - like the "own media panel" - window is.

Thanks a lot
Peter

Laszlo Kronavetter

PostSun Dec 31, 2017 8:02 pm

IN-OUT marker in Cinema Viewer mode.

Thanx a lot

Laslo
Intel Core I7-8700K CPU@3.70GHz
RAM:64 GB
GPU1: Nvidia Geforce RTX2070 8GB

Christopher Irion

PostSun Dec 31, 2017 8:54 pm

Would love to see an IDT for the Canon C200 for ACES workflow. C100, C300, C500 and I think C700 are already in there. Canon has them on their website but there seems to be no way for users to add them to Resolve. Hope to see this BEFORE v15.
Resolve 18.2 Studio

iMac Pro (2017)
OS12.5

3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W (10 Core)
64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB

Dermot Shane

Re: Timeline Scroll Bar

PostMon Jan 01, 2018 1:25 am

Peter Cordes wrote:Timeline Scroll Bar:

When moving mouse left/right -> scroll the timeline scroll bar (as it is).

New request:
When moving mouse up/down -> Zoom in / out the timeline.

I had the requested feature on Autodesk Smoke / Flame and this is very very helpful when working with wacom pad and pen.
It makes navigation in the timeline way faster and easier.

i miss that as well

Peter Cordes

Trim / Ripple End To Playhead

PostTue Jan 02, 2018 10:00 am

Hello,

the feature Trim / Ripple End To Playhead (CRTL + SHIFT + [) works great when shortening a clip.

I wish, it would also work with enlarging a clip.

Let's explain:
When I have selected a clip, play head ist somewhere on that clip an I use Trim / Ripple End To Playhead it works great shortening that clip to the playhead and pulling all following clips to left.

What I wish:
When I have selected a clip and the playhead is somewhere on the following clips (right of the end of the selected clip) DR should push the following clips to right and enlage the selected clip to the playhead.

A kind of "ripple enlarge".

Thanks
Peter

Adrian Mcyorian

PostTue Jan 09, 2018 2:05 am

BMD the transparency on compound clips or timelines is VERY IMPORTANT.
Transparency is important because it allows composing and pre-composing in the timeline. That gives Davinci the basic skill of composition in a competitive and professional way.

i think this should not be a requirement for the next version but a gigantic fix that should be implemented immediately.
in my case that error in compound clips transparencies is the only thing that still ties me to adobe premiere.
System specs:
Resolve Studio version: 18.5.1
CPU: Intel core I5
RAM: 32GB
GPU: GTX 1070

Michael Kropfberger

PostFri Jan 12, 2018 8:34 pm

for fonts:
[*]as already stated, make the fonts scrollable via mouse wheel
[*]show the font name list already in the real font
[*]generate an immediate preview of my title with the pre-selected font
[*]keep the last 5 used fonts in the top list for further usage
Intel i9-12900ks, 64GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB M2 SSD (system), 2TB EVO860 SSD (media), 1TB EVO850 SSD (cache), RTX 4090, Win 10x64 latest

Jim Simon

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 12:26 am

Oh my God, pleeeeeeeease let us add transitions without selecting the edit point. If the playhead is at an edit point, then any clips on Selected tracks should get the transition. Selecting the edit points first is an unnecessary PITA step.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

AndresDVe

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 2:46 am

The Pick Color change numbers or the result of the sample when you do any change in color, like the Magnify Tool in Assimilate Scratch... in Resolve you put the picker in the image, you get the numbers but if you change any color you must move the mouse to update the new adjustment.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Jim Simon

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 5:30 pm

Alex Uzan wrote:1) When we drag'n drop a file from bin to timeline, it always moves the playhead at the end of the clip. Would be nice to have an option to not move the playhead.

Hell yes. I can understand the current behavior for Insert/Overwrite. But it's very frustrating with drag & drop.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Alex Uzan wrote:3) The ability to move forward and backward the playhead with the vertical wheel mouse.

This is how Premiere Pro works in the Source and Timeline viewers. I find it a better use of the scroll wheel than zooming the image.

But it needs to work correctly. Scroll down to advance the frame, up to go back.
Last edited by Jim Simon on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 5:36 pm

Alex Uzan wrote:8) Tabs for timelines

Coming from Premiere Pro, this is something I'm long accustomed to. Would be nice not to give that up as I switch to Resolve.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Alex Uzan wrote:9) Consistent shortcuts on all the pages

This should have been number 1 on your list. If there was ever a JDI feature, this is it. I mean, this is software design 101.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Michael Kropfberger

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 9:14 pm

in fairlight, it should be possible to copy/sync all mixer settings (at least channel effects) between timelines. You might have similar audio channels between timelines, where you want to have the same EQ/compressor on the same narrative voice, or the same master channel limiter settings of a VST.

further, provide support for 32bit VST... the world is full of good 32bit plugins, so let's use them!
Intel i9-12900ks, 64GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB M2 SSD (system), 2TB EVO860 SSD (media), 1TB EVO850 SSD (cache), RTX 4090, Win 10x64 latest

PeterMoretti

PostSun Jan 14, 2018 6:29 am

Jim Simon wrote:
Alex Uzan wrote:9) Consistent shortcuts on all the pages

This should have been number 1 on your list. If there was ever a JDI feature, this is it. I mean, this is software design 101.
I cannot agree more. The idea that shortcuts don't work across all pages is rather mind boggling. I can understand for page specific ones, like Ctrl Home for Rest All Grades and Nodes--that only applies to the Color Page. But why doesn't Shift -> move one second forward on the Color Page as it does on the Edit Page? And the Fairlight Page has only a few shortcuts and they by and large don't match the other pages, e.g. K L to move forward one frame.
Resolve 14.3 Studio. GTX 970 with GeForce 390.77 driver. Desktop Video 10.9.10. Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. Windows 10 Pro.

Michael Kropfberger

PostWed Jan 17, 2018 4:40 pm

and now for a subtle one.... GUI only... it's more of a bug, than a feature, but I dont know where to put it...

So, if I have keyframes on a clip, I may click the "keyframes" icon to open the keyframe manager below the clip.

If I'm zoomed into the clip, so that it doesnt fully fit on my screen, I still always see the "keyframes" icon at the very right end of my screen, so that I always have fast access to the manager area.

Now, within the keyframe manager, there are the different sections like "Transform" showing combined keyframes.
To unfold the "Transform" section, to show zoomX/Y, Position,... , I have to click the "unfold" icon.
Unfortunately, the unfold icon now really sits at the very end of the clip, and isnt moved to the very right on my screen... I have to scroll or resize to find it...

Jim Simon

PostWed Jan 17, 2018 5:08 pm

Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:In Resolve, hitting the Stop button keep the cursor where it is.

That's the normal and expected behavior. Changing that would be disastrous.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostWed Jan 17, 2018 9:36 pm

ALL of the native audio track effects must also be available as native clip effects. You guys at BMD get that, right?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostWed Jan 17, 2018 11:09 pm

The Mixer on the Edit page needs to open showing all tracks by default. It further needs to automatically expand and contract to show added or deleted tracks.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostWed Jan 17, 2018 11:15 pm

Meter response is inaccurate throughout Resolve. When a sound ends, the meter level does not disappear immediately. Instead, it slowly fades down to zero. This means we're not seeing the audio as it is.

That needs to be fixed. The meters should be accurate, showing the level of audio on that frame. If the next frame has no audio, there should be no visible level in the meter.

Meter level response needs to be immediate, and frame accurate.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jack Swart

PostThu Jan 18, 2018 12:26 am

Jim,

IMHO the meters are fine as they are emulating the response of a standard analog VU meter.

From Wiki
"The VU-meter (intentionally) "slows" measurement, averaging out peaks and troughs of short duration, and reflects more the perceived loudness of the material than the more modern and initially more expensive PPM meters. For this reason many audio practitioners prefer it to its alternatives, though the meter indication does not reflect some of the key features of the signal, most notably its peak level, which in many cases, must not pass a defined limit."

I checked my other apps with meters, FCP7, Soundtrack Pro, BM media Express and Sony Catalyst Browse and they all have the VU type meter response.

It may be desirable in some circumstances to have Peak Program Meters but, again, IMHO, the VU meter is more widely used. Over to the audiophiles for more on this.

All this being said, there is always room for improvement.
DR Studio 18.6.3 b19, OS 13.2.1
2023 Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 20 core CPU, 48 core GPU, 128 GB ram
BM 3G ultra studio, 12TB SSDs in raid 0, 16TB HDD backup, 56TB archive server.
Tangent Elements panel, TV logic XVW-245W

Jean Paul Sneider

PostThu Jan 18, 2018 1:33 am

I would love to have the option to show Lab value with the picker. I find them way more useful than RGB.

After a few years of usage I still find weird that the layey node visible is the lowest one.
I really do not see why, the edit page, reasonably, shows first the layer on top. Probably it should be and option in some manu due to how more experienced user would be throwed off from such a change.

Ignacio de La Cierva

PostFri Jan 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Deleted, it was for Fusion wishlist. Sorry.

Tasio Liberakis

PostFri Jan 19, 2018 4:01 pm

clip duration on the clips in the timeline, please
+all of the above
W10 pro 22H2|X399 Taichi|TR4 1920x|64GB Hyper X@2133|
3060 12GB/Nvidia 531.41
Nvme system&scratch disks

tylerhawes

PostSat Jan 20, 2018 1:09 am

I keep a list in OneNote of my feature requests. So here's what I've got in there:

• Option to show RGB picker values as physical values in ACES mode, ala Nuke
• Create custom metadata fields that are attached at the edit event level in the timeline, rather than the clip level in the media pool. Be able to feed these to deliver page as naming parameters. (i.e. I'm doing VFX exports and have a take of an actor that is cut into the timeline in three different places. I want to add the VFX shot name to each of them and export plates for the VFX vendor, but in v14.x I can only add metadata at the media level, which they would all share. Only workaround I've found is to turn each one into a compound clip and name them, which is cumbersome for various reasons.)
• Change settings buttons to say "Close" rather than "Cancel" if settings have been saved / unchanged
• Show your "Favorites" from the Media page when choosing "File Destination" in Deliver page
• Scopes region of interest (have a window you can resize/position on the screen and toggle on the scopes only reading that area)
• Remember state of expanded/collapsed folders in media and edit pages. (v14.x Every time I open a project, a bunch of folders are expanded again and I have to collapse them. Irritating.)
• Modular, floating, dockable interface. Let me detach UI pieces and rearrange it anyway I want. Especially important now that there are becoming so many different screen resolutions and aspect ratios.
• Screen Annotations and Remote Viewer: Ability to draw, write, and type on screen for annotations, ala Cinesync. Make this work in collaboration so another worker and you can have the project open simultaneously and go through and make notes together in realtime. Have an ability to create a client viewer where a Director or non-technical user can install (or use in cloud?) a Resolve Viewer that can receive broadcast of your session and they can make notes back and forth with you. -- Basically, integrating a lot of the features of Cinesync combined with the remote grading features, only stripping down the remote grading to something simpler that a Director could self-install and get a streaming broadcast that is good enough to give general notes on the edit and grade.
• "Lock in/out marks". i.e. when I'm cutting in a lot of audio tracks I just got from the mixer, it's annoying that every time I mark in/out and then edit in the audio, I lose my in/out and have to mark them again. I'm usually cutting in 10 mono tracks, multiplied by up to 6 or 7 versions, so that's maybe 70 times I'm having to redo my mark in/out.
• In Media page, be able to take multiple mono tracks that are a surround mix and bundle them together into a virtual 5.1 audio clip. i.e. I have 6 WAV files, one each for L/C/R/Lf/Ls/Rs, and rather than put them each on a mono track and then mix/bus them to a 5.1 output, I'd like to assign them in the media page and link them together as a single 5.1 audio clip I can cut into a 5.1 audio track. (Maybe there's a way of doing this, but I haven't found it).
• Dolby Atmos tracks and mixing (9.1.6 channels). Even if it's not object-based, at least get channel mixing / beds… something I can rough-in before passing on to post sound.
• Remember Clips show/hide status per page. I find it constantly coming back to Deliver page when I return to a project.
• Keyframeable curves for Edit sizing. I have to use Color sizing if I want to use keyframe curve editor for positioning, which is not ideal.
• Fairlight Presets that will load Bus Format/colors, Bus Assignments, Track names/colors, and track mixes in one go. Right now, every single timeline, I have to go in and manually create a 5.1 bus and 4 x stereo busses, make about 20 tracks, name them, assign them, pan/mix them, and then check if I made any mistakes. This is all super repetitive and could be solved with a preset. I imagine it has check boxes on which aspects you want to load, so if you don't want to load track names, or track pan/mix, then you can untick those boxes.
• Select multiple tracks (shift+click) and change their color all at once.
• Fairlight Bus Assign page: Ability to shift+click or region select (combining regions by holding down shift with another region select) and then assign multiple tracks at one click.
• Fix "boom" level so it can be set to "0" and not "0.1".
• Pan & Scan / Versioning workflow: Right now I just take a master into a new timeline and do it there. But it would be nice to have some scaling / masking output that is keyframeable and can be toggled on/off or activated on Deliver page. i.e. you've finished your 2.40:1 aspect film, and now you need to make versions for 1.78 full-frame, 1.33 pan-n-scan, etc. I'd like to be able to create that version as a new output scaling / masking "channel" where I can animate the settings. Then make another "channel" for a different version, etc. So I'm storing my versioning with the main timeline, and now if I make edits, that information will be retained since it goes with the clip (I see this as an extension of the Color page), so it won't unravel the tapestry.

TyBailey

PostSat Jan 20, 2018 6:25 pm

I think it may have been mentioned in someone else's post, but I think being able to link the view of the scopes to the view of your reference video would be incredible. Either as a separate window or an option to select on the scopes settings.

Basically, if I were to zoom in on my subjects face in the reference video to closely analyze the skin tones, I could also have my scopes only reflect that area of the video in the waveform, parade and vectorscope.

As it stands right now, in order to isolate an area of the video to reflect on the scopes is to power window and highlight only that region with shift+h. I just think that it would make for a nicer workflow to just already have the scopes reflect exactly what is seen in the video reference display.

Jprusinski

PostSun Jan 21, 2018 8:17 pm

As a new Resolve user, I'd like to add my support to the request for audio noise reduction. I was greatly disappointed to find that Izotope RX is for all practical purposes not supported in Resolve, other than by opening the audio file in the standalone application and saving it back to Resolve after processing. Other video editing applications do support realtime application of RX as a plugin; it would greatly streamline my workflow if Resolve implemented this capability.

Robert Arnold

PostMon Jan 22, 2018 4:48 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
Chris North wrote:- The ability to Zoom in on the source monitors scrub bar for when dealing with long clips.

This is such a basic necessity, I'm genuinely surprised BMD released the Edit page without it.

It's like buying a car without mirrors. In 1917, maybe. In 2017, just...no.

+1 !!!!!!

Alex Uzan

PostTue Jan 23, 2018 10:14 pm

Alex Uzan wrote:1) When we drag'n drop a file from bin to timeline, it always moves the playhead at the end of the clip. Would be nice to have an option to not move the playhead.

7) The zoom behavior when we use shortcut keyboard is weird, not smooth, and different than when we use the timeline slider.

Fixed in 14.2.1
Thank You Blackmagic :D
Last edited by Alex Uzan on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack Swart

PostTue Jan 23, 2018 10:25 pm

Jprusinski wrote:As a new Resolve user, I'd like to add my support to the request for audio noise reduction. I was greatly disappointed to find that Izotope RX is for all practical purposes not supported in Resolve, other than by opening the audio file in the standalone application and saving it back to Resolve after processing. Other video editing applications do support realtime application of RX as a plugin; it would greatly streamline my workflow if Resolve implemented this capability.

I am using iZotope V5 and it works perfectly in my setup. I use the dialog noise reduction right inside DR.
DR Studio 18.6.3 b19, OS 13.2.1
2023 Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 20 core CPU, 48 core GPU, 128 GB ram
BM 3G ultra studio, 12TB SSDs in raid 0, 16TB HDD backup, 56TB archive server.
Tangent Elements panel, TV logic XVW-245W

Seth Goldin

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 10:23 pm

It would be great to be able to have the Power Windows panel and the Tracker palette open at the same time. There are some workflows that require switching back and forth quite a bit.
https://www.sethgoldin.com

Jprusinski

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Jack Swart wrote:
Jprusinski wrote:As a new Resolve user, I'd like to add my support to the request for audio noise reduction. I was greatly disappointed to find that Izotope RX is for all practical purposes not supported in Resolve, other than by opening the audio file in the standalone application and saving it back to Resolve after processing. Other video editing applications do support realtime application of RX as a plugin; it would greatly streamline my workflow if Resolve implemented this capability.

I am using iZotope V5 and it works perfectly in my setup. I use the dialog noise reduction right inside DR.

Still, it's limited to that function. From Izotope's website:

"Please note that it is possible to load the RX plug-ins as realtime plug-ins within the DaVinci Resolve timeline itself. The RX 5 Dialogue De-noise plug-in is designed to be used in realtime with low latency, but some of the other plug-ins, such as De-click or De-hum may have a latency that DaVinci does not compensate, which could cause audio to lose sync. Any plug-in that’s not Dialogue De-noise should be avoided in realtime usage scenarios."

Jay Niu

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 6:53 pm

I hope Davinci 15 can "copy" some of Vegas features such as auto cross fade clips and audio when you intersect them together on the timeline.

In addition, maybe have the inspector window as a separate interface and we can use the mouse to move the various elements on the timeline instead of just xyz coordinates.
Workstation: EPYC 7702 & Ryzen 3950x | ASUS STRIX RTX 3090 OC

Noel Sterrett

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 7:36 pm

MIDI control for Fairlight under Linux.

Cheers.
Admit One Pictures
Resolve Studio 18 | Linux Lint 21 | Nvidia 515 | Xeon | iCore | Ryzen

waltervolpatto

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 5:41 am

in resolve 14, we have more beautiful colors...

can we give them custom names? for example, [apricot] does not mean anything, but if I can change the name in the project to show [speed effects] it will be more useful!
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled

jussi rovanpera

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 12:25 pm

My no 1. feature request for Resolve is custom mapping of panels...

waltervolpatto

PostSun Jan 28, 2018 1:27 am

jussi rovanpera wrote:My no 1. feature request for Resolve is custom mapping of panels...

Which panel?
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve