Glitches in High Sierra?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

crimsondeal

Glitches in High Sierra?

PostTue Jan 30, 2018 11:13 pm

Hey all,

Loving Resolve but have been working against a ton of glitches. Running High Sierra 10.13.2 on an iMac, DaVinci Resolve 14.1.1.005 (downloaded from Blackmagic*). Have been experiencing the following:

- Mouse problems. Whenever I try to do anything with the mouse, it will either not take (in Edit mode mostly, clicking and dragging makes things snap right back to where they started as if I had never done anything, even with snapping off) or randomly "drop" to beyond the bottom of the window (in Color mode mostly, clicking and dragging a node will snap down way below, making me scroll to about 6-7 times the node window height to go see/pick up the dropped node). When I try to bring the node back up it just keeps randomly dropping lower and lower. This will also happen when doing any correction with the mouse (color wheels will randomly drop to an extreme part of the wheel. I haven't noticed this as much when using a Wacom tablet for controls, but would like the option of using a mouse.

- Node applying to multiple clips: this is making Resolve almost unworkable. I'll apply a grade/nodes to a clip (making sure that I am indeed applying to the clip, not the timeline or group), and that grade will then go to another random clip. When I select that other clip to make changes to the grade, it then applies to the first one, somehow putting everything into a quasi-"group" so I can't do any clip-level grading.

- Audio drops out in edit mode often, and I have to restart to get it to work.

Thanks in advance for your help with any or all of these issues! Really want to make this my primary editor but just can't work past these glitches.

*NB Had the Mac App Store version installed at one point but uninstalled. Not sure if there are leftover files causing these though.

Kye Leslie

Re: Glitches in High Sierra?

PostWed Jan 31, 2018 4:35 am

In regards to the audio issues, I've had them too. There's a thread here with some discussion and potential fixes:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=47911

crimsondeal

Re: Glitches in High Sierra?

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 11:14 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Return to DaVinci Resolve