Live Event

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

dellmed

Live Event

PostTue Jan 30, 2018 2:08 pm

I am planning to run at least 3 TV's from ATEM TV HD SDI Program out. The cable length will be 100 meters to the first TV and then 50m to the next TV and then 50m to the last TV. Using BMD SDI to HDMI converter for each TV. It is a church event and will use multiple cameras. My question is do i need to put in a distribution amplifier, if so what would be a good option

dellmed

Re: Live Event

PostWed Jan 31, 2018 1:28 pm

Can somebody chime in please

James Muscat

PostWed Jan 31, 2018 2:29 pm

The SDI to HDMI converters have an SDI loop-through, so it might be possible for you to use that (depending on how your TVs are arranged). I'm not sure if this loop-through is reclocking or not.

Maximum cable length depends on the cable (see the other thread you've posted this question in).

BMD actually make a distribution amplifier, if you wanted to go down that route. For some reason they don't call it that, they call it a "Mini Converter - SDI Distribution".

dellmed

PostWed Jan 31, 2018 3:30 pm

Thank you. That helps

Xtreemtec

PostWed Jan 31, 2018 7:08 pm

The output is always reclocked. Cold splitting in SDI is not done!! And every SDI input needs a EQ and Reclocker to get a nice clean signal to work with.

100Meters to the first TV could be a problem depending on the cable you use. You really need to go for SDI cabeling that is certified for 100m length. Just using cheap RG59 will not get you to 100 meters and will get you in trouble.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

dellmed

PostThu Feb 01, 2018 2:32 pm

Thank you. I am planning to use a Belden 1694A cable for all the runs

Return to Live Production