Ultrastudio Mini Recorder - No Desktop Video Device Detected

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

perik

Ultrastudio Mini Recorder - No Desktop Video Device Detected

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 12:34 am

I am having an issue with the Ultrastudio Mini Recorder. Im using Mac Os Sierra.

I had it working without any problems but tried to swap to an older version for debugging an issue I had with the hdmi signal. I found out however that it wasn’t related to Blackmagic and reinstalled 10.9.10 again. The light thats on the device didn’t lit after that and the Desktop Video Setup says No Desktop Video Device Detected.

macOS sees the device and names it correctly inside the System Profiler Thunderbolt tab. But its just like the Ultrastudio doesn’t power on and cannot be found anymore.

How can we solve this?

How can I perform a complete uninstall of the software? If it can be something related to that. I just been using the uninstaller that comes with the system. Don’t know if it cleans everything.

Xtreemtec

Re: Ultrastudio Mini Recorder - No Desktop Video Device Dete

PostWed Feb 07, 2018 4:44 pm

Sierra or High Sierra? There are some security issues going on with MAC at the moment with Desktop Video.. There is a very good topic about how to solve these issues.. But i can't find it that quick now..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

perik

PostWed Feb 07, 2018 11:28 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:Sierra or High Sierra? There are some security issues going on with MAC at the moment with Desktop Video.. There is a very good topic about how to solve these issues.. But i can't find it that quick now..

Sierra. Not High Sierra.
Yes I saw that thread about privat settings but as far as I could see it was related to High Sierra. Heres what it looks like on my computer:

URL:
bit.ly/2FVxiKd

Guess that should be alright?

Wayne Rutherford

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 1:33 pm

The download comes with an un-installer app. run that.
That should delete everything, then re-install.
Wayne

perik

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Wayne Rutherford wrote:The download comes with an un-installer app. run that.
That should delete everything, then re-install.
Wayne

Thanks! I have tried that already. It seems to be no difference unfortunately. So that is why I was thinking if it is not that good of removing everything.

buildthatapp

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 7:45 am

I'm experiencing the same issue after updating to the latest Desktop Video setup. Everything was working just fine before I decided to update, huge mistake and regret right now. Thunderbolt recognized the Ultrastudio Mini Recorder but light on the box doesn't go on anymore.

Oliostro

PostMon Mar 12, 2018 10:26 am

The same situation here. I'm on 10.11.6 - no desktop device detected( The device led light ok, listed system properties (about mac) but in programs nothing...Tried almost all versions from 10.8-10.9.11. It's sad because I've only tested it several times before with success. And now when I need it to work - it doesn't work, very dissapointed. Waste of money.

Oliostro

PostTue Mar 13, 2018 10:39 pm

Update here: I've just install new High Sierra and try it with latest Desktop Video 10.9.11 with no luck. Also install bootcamp Win10, and guess what? It's WORK in windows. What's that??

Benjamin Doyle

PostFri Apr 27, 2018 6:20 pm

Also experiencing this issue. Windows 10, UltraStudio Mini Recorder via TB3. Windows recognizes the device in Device Manager, but Desktop Video Setup and Media Express do not recognize that the device is attached.

I tested recent versions of Desktop Video and the latest version that will recognize my Mini Recorder is 10.9.7. Version 10.9.10 and beyond will not recognize the device.

The device never prompts for firmware update when the software is updated, maybe there's an issue with firmware?

Oliostro

PostTue Dec 18, 2018 12:58 am

Hello everybody! I want to answer for my question, maybe it's help somebody else. The problem with "capture card not detected in mac os" was solved only with full formatting of the system ssd drive (not just reinstall the OS) and fresh install of the system and programs.

Return to Live Production