Best Handheld Option for Mini Pro?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

James McDonagh

Best Handheld Option for Mini Pro?

PostWed Feb 07, 2018 9:26 pm

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering what would be the best alternative for my situation. Basically, I don't want to get the shoulder rig because it's too awkward without with the viewfinder which is way out of my price range, and I'm also having reservations about getting a Glidecam 4000 because even with the forearm brace it could potentially be crazy heavy and I can't afford the supporting vest.

Any ideas?

Denny Smith

Re: Best Handheld Option for Mini Pro?

PostThu Feb 08, 2018 3:35 am

Get the BM shoulder mount kitp, it is the best way to attach the UM Pro to a tripod at any rate, and get a Cineroid EVF for under $600 ($400 for a good used one) and a SmallRig EVF bracket. Then you are ready to roll. Any other solution is a poor bandaid, at best, and will most likely be unsatisfactory. Yiu can save and upgrade to the BM EVF in time. The Retina screen Cineroid has SDI, connection, can connect to the xlr for power (will need to adapt a cable), or run on one of several batteries or DTap connection.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Aaron Green

PostThu Feb 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Easyrig. If that's out of your budget check out Proaim's Flowline. Very similar and well built.

James Parker

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 2:34 am

Aaron Green wrote:Easyrig. If that's out of your budget check out Proaim's Flowline. Very similar and well built.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J.Parker

James McDonagh

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 11:47 am

Aaron Green wrote:Easyrig. If that's out of your budget check out Proaim's Flowline. Very similar and well built.

Ah, I see thank you for the advice. Would the Proaim be compatible with the Glidecam?

Return to Cinematography