Fiber Converter

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

advisiontv

Fiber Converter

PostThu Feb 08, 2018 8:18 pm

This really does seem a great product - but I have a question regarding capability with other camera manufacturers. Could I use this to turn a Sony camcorder for example into a studio camera? In the past we have extended the 8-pin multiconnector or the ethernet to remotely iris and colour control via an RCP. Could this be done with the blackmagic units? It doesn't need to do anything with the data - just input it at one end, and output it at the other!
Matthew Titterton
AdVision TV Ltd

StevenSpence

Re: Fiber Converter

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 9:23 am

I was thinking the same thing too. I’d be really interested to get some info or clarification from BMD on this.
Lens Flare TV Ltd.

Duncan Stewart

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 2:14 pm

The manual says it supports RS422 control through the PTZ connector, and a future software update will support Ethernet pass through - so it's a pretty good start for non BM Cameras control.
Really interesting BM have done this.

MPI Engineer

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 4:01 pm

I had the same question, but ultimately I have a feeling that it will not physically interface with other cameras unless it attaches via the battery mount.

MambaFiber.com

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 4:19 pm

ethernet pass thru will be HUGE!!! opens the door for a path for ethernet CCU shading for my Panasonic cams, PTZ control over ethernet, and my favorite - DANTE audio which puts Mics/IFB/Comms anywhere I would have a camera on this system.

PLEASE make this a priority!!!
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

Return to Live Production