Converters

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

pmorgan

Converters

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Does blackmagic make a converter that can take HDMI from a computer at any resolution and scale it to 1080 over SDI? I have a setup that I am wanting to run through a smart video hub and I want to make sure that all of the connections are the same resolution. Also will the converters put out a constant signal when it does not have an input signal? For example if I am using a sdi to hdmi on a tv and the hdmi signal goes out will the TV just display a bank screen or will is say no signal? And last question is there a list somewhere of the differences between the micro and the mini converter?

Andrew Martin

Re: Converters

PostSun Feb 11, 2018 11:41 pm

If you want to stay with BMD either of the teranex models would handle the scaling.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... /techspecs

A.

Scott Smith

Re: Converters

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 5:22 pm

If you don't want to stay with Blackmagic, I will recommend the Decimator MD-HX.
Scott R Smith
BMD Stuff I use: ATEM 2-M/E, 4 x ATEM PS 4K, Broadcast Videohub, 6 Hyperdeck Pros, 4 Hyperdeck Shuttles, Multidock, Smartscope Duo, Smartview, Intensity Extreme, Decklink Studio, and lots of Miniconverters and Open Gear Converters.

Return to Getting Started