How to add another clip from Resolve to Fusion Connect?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jules Bushell

How to add another clip from Resolve to Fusion Connect?

PostWed Feb 14, 2018 4:35 am

Hi,

I've created a fusion connect initially for two clips; background clip and clip to remove green screen from. Then found out I needed to add another clip to overlay part of it over both of the other clips. I can do this in Resolve, by having it as a clip above on another track, but how do I instead bring this extra clip into the existing fusion connect? As I feel it would be easier in Fusion to mask out precisely the bit I need.

Thanks of the help,
Jules
Jules Bushell
url: www.nonmultiplexcinema.com
url: www.filmmeansbusiness.com
url: www.blurtheline.co.uk

Heiko Thies

Re: How to add another clip from Resolve to Fusion Connect?

PostWed Feb 14, 2018 8:26 am

Can't you just add the additional clip directly within Fusion as an overlay in your comp? I don't think you need to go through Resolve for that.

Sam Steti

Re: How to add another clip from Resolve to Fusion Connect?

PostWed Feb 14, 2018 9:50 am

Hey,
You right-click your FC clip in Resolve > open in fusion > add a loader in Fusion and therefore your new clip > render, et voilà

What you should work on, is making good keys within Fusion, starting by adding a garbage matte around what must be erased anyway...
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Return to DaVinci Resolve