CCU control and tally information

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Chris Phillips

CCU control and tally information

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 3:02 pm

Hi
Maybe I've missed something in the manual for the Atem 1me but I've connected 3 bm studio production cameras SDI outputs to the switcher and all works just fine.
Connecting aux outputs back to the SDI inputs on cameras for CCU etc.. works fine.

I read the manual and it says for CCU "connect ANY output of the ATEM except for multi view and downscale outputs ..."

However after trying to use either of the 2 non downscale PGM mix outputs from the ATEM 1ME 4K back to the camera for CCU it does not work... only the AUX outputs work for CCU

Any body had any luck with Program Mix Outputs for CCU?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Xtreemtec

Re: CCU control and tally information

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 3:04 pm

Should just work.

But best way is just use a SDI splitter and use 1 aux or main output and distribute from there to all cameras. That does not take up so much outputs of your mixer. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Jack Fairley

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 6:41 pm

This is not normal, on my 2ME ATEMs program feed from either ME will work for CCU.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Chris Phillips

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 10:54 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:Should just work.

But best way is just use a SDI splitter and use 1 aux or main output and distribute from there to all cameras. That does not take up so much outputs of your mixer. ;)
Hi Xtreemtec, thanks for your reply.

Yes this is what I'm doing as a work around at the moment, using a simple passive BNC T-Split adapter.
All seems to work fine but after an hour the signal seems to dropout...
I guess i need an active SDI 2 way or 3 way splitter for the 3 cameras....
Any suggestions for an active cheap splitter?
Cheers

Chris Phillips

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 10:56 pm

Jack Fairley wrote:This is not normal, on my 2ME ATEMs program feed from either ME will work for CCU.
Hi Jack, yes i assumed it would be simple thing to do and just work... alas no.. maybe it's the firmware.. ill have to contact bm support

Jack Fairley

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 11:06 pm

The 1x8 DA from BMD (non-4K) is cheap and works.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Chris Phillips

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 4:03 am

Jack Fairley wrote:The 1x8 DA from BMD (non-4K) is cheap and works.
that's great mate thanks for the suggestion!! might be a little more connections than required but great for future upgrades too!

Xtreemtec

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 10:05 am

Often when you run a Atem in public setting you need to go to a recorder, screen, beamer, program out for own purposes, backup recorder, 3 cams.. Oh wow 7 ports full. :D
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

eric-k

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 8:46 am

We have the same problem, especially when we want to produce in 4K and control the Ursa Mini pro, wich always needs the PGM Signal as FHD.
So I have to use the downscaled PGM OUT HD, but it doesn't contains the camera control data.
ATEM 2ME Production Studio 4K | URSA Mini Pro | Smart VideoHub | several Teranex Mini

Xtreemtec

PostThu Feb 15, 2018 4:21 pm

eric-k wrote:We have the same problem, especially when we want to produce in 4K and control the Ursa Mini pro, wich always needs the PGM Signal as FHD.
So I have to use the downscaled PGM OUT HD, but it doesn't contains the camera control data.

The ursa mini pro is perfect handling 4K PGM feed for control tally and intercom.. You don't need FHD for that.. The problem does arise when you need to put a SDI shield between it which is only 3G. Then you running into trouble with a 4K production.. And will need to put a Teranex AV in between the PGM feed and your shield to get a 3G PGM video WITH ancillary data on it.. Why this is not possible on the BMD HD downconverted output is still not known.. :(

Return to Live Production