Support PTZ Camera

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

dhiraj parmar

Support PTZ Camera

PostFri Feb 16, 2018 8:35 am

Hi,

One of my client want to buy ATEM Camera Control Panel, but he want to use PTZ Camera. which PTZ model suppoer to ATEM Camera Control Panel?

Dhiraj

Xtreemtec

Re: Support PTZ Camera

PostFri Feb 16, 2018 12:08 pm

First off all. The Atem Camera control panel does not support any PTZ camera currently!! Also the panel is not available until at least this summer. This panel is only designed for Shading of the Ursa and Studio cams of BMD!!

If you are talking about PTZ control from the Atem this is possible with VISCA compatible cameras.
Take a look at this topic for more information about Visca control on the Atem switchers
Atem Visca camera control
For this you NEED a BMD 1me or 2me control panel in order for this to work. And functions are limited to Pan Tilt Zoom. (So no control over Iris, shutter, presets, etc yet! )
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

jagould2000

Re: Support PTZ Camera

PostSun Mar 01, 2020 1:13 pm

Xtreemtec, do you know if this has changed in more recent updates since you posted your answer? Cant find anything in the manual about it.

Its seems strange to have a dedicated camera control panel with four joysticks and not have a VISCA mode like the main ATEM control panel does (and camera control is a minor function of that product).

Return to Live Production