No Audio Output

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Benton Collins

No Audio Output

PostThu Feb 08, 2018 5:47 am

I was on 14.0 when I lost ALL audio output. I tried many things to try and fix the problem and even upgraded to 14.3 and still NO audio output when editing. The audio meters don't show any movement either when playing a program and the video plays back fine. Sometimes the VU meters display nothing at all and other times they show a frozen display going all the way up to 0db red. The strange thing is when I output a finished file, the audio is there and sounds fine like nothing was wrong! I've checked other programs like Premiere Pro CC, Pandora Radio, Garage Band and they all output audio just fine, so it doesn't seem to be system related. I'm really stumped! And yes I've checked to make sure nothing's on mute and the volume is up. Any suggestions?? THANKS!!

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

Re: No Audio Output

PostThu Feb 08, 2018 9:09 am

Can you check your speaker setup in preferences, and make sure you have the output mapped correctly.

Which OS are you on? Do you have a Decklink card?
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Owen Thomas

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 10:24 pm

Same here. 14.3 update killed all audio output and meters. I've gone back to 12.5.

Benton Collins

PostSat Feb 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Rohit Gupta wrote:Can you check your speaker setup in preferences, and make sure you have the output mapped correctly.

Which OS are you on? Do you have a Decklink card?

Thanks for your reply Rohit. It may be a MAC OS compatibility issue. On a separate internal HD in my 5.1 Mac Pro, I upgraded from Sierra 10.12.6 to High Sierra 10.13.3 then downloaded and installed a fresh copy of DaVinci 14.3 on the same HD. I opened up a few previously created edits and the sound and meters worked. Now I just have to figure out how to transfer the data base of my older programs, as only a few of them showed up with High Sierra and 14.3. (By starting up in Sierra 10.12.6 with DaVinci 14.3 all my old programs show up in the data base, but with no sound)

Noel Sterrett

PostSun Feb 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Audio output intermittently quits in Fairlight, Color, and Edit on 14.3. Meters still function, but no Decklink output (Linux).

Oddly, going back to Media and playing a WAV file usually restores audio.

Cheers.
Admit One Pictures
Resolve Studio 18 | Linux Lint 21 | Nvidia 515 | Xeon | iCore | Ryzen

Greyic

PostSat Feb 17, 2018 2:57 pm

I have the same problem I think. I'm using 14.2.1, and audio output just stopped suddenly while I was editing, across all projects. I don't have the sound muted, I've tried every speaker setting, I've looked at settings in resolve and tried suggestions posted here, I've re-installed Resolve, and the problem persists.

Return to DaVinci Resolve