davinci resolve freeze when playback

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Israel Diaz Torralba

davinci resolve freeze when playback

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 6:22 pm

Hello.

I have more problems with davinci resolve. I have original davinci with key, also micropanel and intensity shuttle to out put.

The system freeze more times in the day, I can not playback.

I change the power source and the graphics card 970 to 1080 but persists...

The version is 13.3.0.014

https://www.video-boda.es/DaVinci-Resol ... 191113.zip

I can not attach because it is two large

DavidSwinehart

Re: davinci resolve freeze when playback

PostThu Mar 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Questions:

Does the transport glow red, but the playback remains frozen? (If so, I'm having the same issue).

I am also on 13.3.0.014. Dell XPS, Win10Px64, Version 1709, Intel i7-8700 @ 3.20GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 8GB. Also using Micro Panel, Driver 1.1.2. Output is a BM DeckLink card, Driver 10.9.11.

Resolve does not appear to crash, but playback freezes regularly. Most video files are .mts (from a C100), .mov, and .mp4. What's interesting is that the playback freezes are nearly always when the timeline is moving from one file type to another - e.g. The .mts files will play back fine, but when another track includes .mp4 files, the freeze/hang will occur there. Once the hang occurs, I can still move the playback bar in the timeline, but the output does not follow. I can save and quit, but then must reboot the PC as Resolve continues to operate as a background task.

I'm convinced that the problem is buried somewhere in the PC setup. I took a project that was freezing, archived it to an external SSD, and opened it on my Macbook Pro. The project played back without issue. I also have Resolve 13.3.0.014 installed on another Lenovo PC at my home studio, and it has never experienced this issue.

Any suggestions on what PC settings I should check to diagnose where the problem might be?
David
OakParkStudios, Inc
Kansas City, MO
Ursa Mini 4K, Sony FS5, Sony A7R-II, BMD Video Assist, ATEM Mini Pro, DaVinci Resolve 16.2, iMac i7, 32GB, Radeon 560x, MacBook Pro i9, 32GB, Radeon 560x

RandyLarcombe

PostWed Jun 27, 2018 4:42 am

DavidSwinehart wrote:Questions:

Does the transport glow red, but the playback remains frozen? (If so, I'm having the same issue).

I am also on 13.3.0.014. Dell XPS, Win10Px64, Version 1709, Intel i7-8700 @ 3.20GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 8GB. Also using Micro Panel, Driver 1.1.2. Output is a BM DeckLink card, Driver 10.9.11.

Resolve does not appear to crash, but playback freezes regularly. Most video files are .mts (from a C100), .mov, and .mp4. What's interesting is that the playback freezes are nearly always when the timeline is moving from one file type to another - e.g. The .mts files will play back fine, but when another track includes .mp4 files, the freeze/hang will occur there. Once the hang occurs, I can still move the playback bar in the timeline, but the output does not follow. I can save and quit, but then must reboot the PC as Resolve continues to operate as a background task.

I'm convinced that the problem is buried somewhere in the PC setup. I took a project that was freezing, archived it to an external SSD, and opened it on my Macbook Pro. The project played back without issue. I also have Resolve 13.3.0.014 installed on another Lenovo PC at my home studio, and it has never experienced this issue.

Any suggestions on what PC settings I should check to diagnose where the problem might be?

Hi, I've got the same problem. Did you find out what was causing it? I'm at film lock stage with a project and I cant play it back, run it out etc....very frustrating. It seems to get stuck on the same file each time.

unional

PostMon Nov 11, 2019 6:11 am

I have the same problem running DaVinci Resolve 16.1 on Mojave.

For me, the videos are from obs and I'm able to get around it by get it processed by ffmpeg first, for example:

`ffmpeg -i <input-file> -b:v 6000k <output-file>`

If I don't do that, DaVinci Resolve freeze when playback and crash the system.
The OS pops up saying out of application memory and DaVinci Resolve is taking up 90gb ~ 110gb on my 16GB MacBook Pro.

Return to DaVinci Resolve