Problem with ATEM 1 m/e setup. I need your help please.

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

andrew55555

Problem with ATEM 1 m/e setup. I need your help please.

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi All,
I am trying to setup ATEM 1 M/E Production switcher but unfortunately have some difficulties with that. I hope someone would have more experience and help me with it please.

1. After I switch on the power of te unit and connect it with my PC using ethernet cable, ATEM Setup utility does not see it and does not connect with computer even that I setup manually IP address on the same network as my PC (PC on 192.168.1.3 and ATEM on 192.168.1.10).The same result is when I try to connect through the unmanaged switch.

2. When I connect ATEM using USB cable. After Windows finds the appopriate driver and I have a message in Windows that a new device is working properly, in ATEM Utility I start seeing the image of my ATEM switcher with message "Connecting, please wait..."
After a few moments I have another message "Unknown device".

Below that message there is s spot clicking of which brings a small pop-up window with message that the software on this device needs to be updated. After I click on "Update" the update starts and goes slowly up to 100% and then gives a message that "The update was completed".

Next I disconnect USB cable, switch off power supply on the switcher and after that reconnect power supply and USB cable. After that the same story happens again and as a result of that I did over 5 times that software update but unfortunately the results were the same and there was no connection via ethernet or USB and still got message that the software needs to be undated.

I need your help please as currently I ran out of ideas of what might be wrong and what should be done in order to setup this switcher.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers, Andrew

Xtreemtec

Re: Problem with ATEM 1 m/e setup. I need your help please.

PostWed Feb 21, 2018 9:54 am

You might want to try a downgrade to 2 previous versions to see what happens..

Remove the atem software of your computer and download 6.9 or so.. ** Based on the assumption you are trying to run Atem 7.3 right now..

Install 6.9 and do the update.. See if anything changes..

If it keeps telling you that it needs a software update you might want to test a different computer and repeat the proces. If that doesn't cut it you need to contact BMD support.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

TomTailford

PostSun Jan 19, 2020 8:27 pm

Hi there,

Trying to update two ATEM 1M/Es (HD older one) and getting the same "Unknown Device" reported in ATEM Setup.

When I attempt an update windows has a BSOD (Says oops, something has happened and makes a log / reboots)

Did this solve your problem?

Version 8.1 software on desktop and version 8 on laptop, so going to try and roll back to 6.9 now!

TomTailford

PostSun Jan 19, 2020 8:49 pm

Blue screen: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FGfP9vq14TDgS7vJ7

Turns out version 6.9 has the same outcome!

Happening across two computers, with two different ATEM units (the old 4SDI / 4HDMI HD switch)

Any ideas?!

Ian Morrish

PostSun Jan 19, 2020 9:03 pm

Did you reboot Windows after uninstalling ATEM software?

If you think you will save some time by not doing this then you are wrong. It results in the drivers in Windows not being properly updated.

Uninstall, reboot, install, reboot, connect ATEM usb and then run Atem Setup app to flash hardware.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

TomTailford

PostSun Jan 19, 2020 9:35 pm

Thanks Ian - when I uninstall / reinstall software I always reboot when instructed to do so.

So removed software, rebooted. Installed software, rebooted.

Thanks,

Tom

Ian Morrish

PostSun Jan 19, 2020 9:38 pm

I have had problems with some usb cables, can only suggest trying another cable although you have probably tried this already.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

TomTailford

PostSun Jan 19, 2020 9:46 pm

Yep, tried with USB 2.0 and a USB 3.0 cable...

What's weird is I noticed the PSU light isn't lighting up anymore on the unit itself (it did the first time)

Hoping it's not been bricked some how..

TomTailford

PostTue Jan 21, 2020 12:09 pm

Not sure if this helps with diagnosis but while I can see the item in the ATEM setup software there is no LED next to the PSU input.

The network does flash when the unit receives power.

Any ideas?

Ionutmcristescu

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 3:15 pm

Hello Tom!
Today i ve done the same thing like you, to update the BlackMagic Atem 1 M/E switcher and the same problem occured.
I was a little worried because this is the switcher at my work place.
When i tried to update the switcher, my computer crashed ( a blue screen appeared), after this the multiview stopped working, blackmagic control panel won t connect to the switcher
In the atem software appeared unknow device, etc
I try to do the update 2-3 times and same thing happened ( blue screen)
Then i found the solution:
Uninstall blackmagic software for my computer even the software for the blackmagic design monitor card ( i have this card for recording and streaming), so clean out your pc of any blackmagic software ( reboot pc after uninstall)
Second step is to install the last version of blackmagic atem, 8.1.1 and then update your atem 1 m/e swticher, it will work and you will gain access to it after this
Hope you have luck like me!
P. S. Sorry for the bad english.

Trimis de pe al meu CLT-L29 folosind Tapatalk

Ionutmcristescu

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 3:35 pm

tomtailford wrote:Not sure if this helps with diagnosis but while I can see the item in the ATEM setup software there is no LED next to the PSU input.

The network does flash when the unit receives power.

Any ideas?
Hello Tom! I posted here the solution for your problem but i think something happend and i can see my reply

Today i ve done the same thing like you: i try to update my atem 1 M E switcher and my pc crashed when trying to update ( blue screen).
After this my atem control panel stop connecting to the atem switcher, from the pc i can t connect, the multiview stopped working, i tought i bricked the switcher.
Tried to update the switcher several times, same blue screen appeared.
My solution is: uninstall all blackmagic software even if you have blackmagic design cards, reboot.
Unplug your usb cable from the atem switcher, Install the latest version of blackmagic atem 8.1.1, plug your usb cable, launch atem software, wait to connect to the switcher, it will say unknow device, hit the update button and wait for completion.

Hope you are lucky like me!

Trimis de pe al meu CLT-L29 folosind Tapatalk

TomTailford

PostSat Feb 01, 2020 1:16 am

Mulțumesc foarte mult, o să dau drumul!

TomTailford

PostSat Feb 01, 2020 2:36 pm

I can confirm your solution worked - BMD have some sort of software issue!.

I attempted the update with only the ATEM software control installed on my machine (up to date version 8.1.1) and it worked fine.

Thanks very much

dbglobalmedia

PostSat Feb 01, 2020 11:46 pm

As part of the software installation process, Blackmagic Design cautions that the older versions should be removed first vs installing overtop.

Return to Live Production