Micro Converters and DeckLink Duo 2

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

newlearner

Micro Converters and DeckLink Duo 2

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 1:17 am

We assembled a new computer for live stream production using DeckLink Duo 2 and 4 HDMI-to-SDI Micro Converters. We had an event in our new building that we need to record using the new computer. Because the electrical lines were not yet completed, we were getting grounded. When I tried to connect the Micro Converter to the new computer thru the DeckLink Duo 2, the Micro Converter's light is blinking. After the event, I cannot use the first channel in my DeckLink Duo 2 and 2 of our Micro Converters are not working. Could it be because of electrical surge? Do I need to replace my Micro Converters?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Micro Converters and DeckLink Duo 2

PostWed Feb 21, 2018 10:40 pm

What I suspect is the issue with the Micro converter is the signal is detected but not locked over HDMI.This could be from the fact that the destination most likely doesn't accept that resolution/frame rate. Can you test with a different source to confirm this?
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Xtreemtec

PostThu Feb 22, 2018 9:52 am

Blinking led on the micro converters mean something is wrong on the HDMI side.. EDID or no monitor connected.. Led off is no valid SDI signal. ;)
Try another HDMI cable.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

newlearner

PostTue Feb 27, 2018 12:09 am

Thanks Daniel and Tony, so the Micro Converters are not necessarily broken? I tested all 4 Micro Converters with the same set of cables and same set of cameras. I'll replace them with other cables as you two suggested.

Return to Live Production