Are there no power cord included for Ursa mini pro?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Julia Sand

Are there no power cord included for Ursa mini pro?

PostThu Feb 22, 2018 5:04 pm

I have read some reviews and they have said that there are no power cord included. Is that true or just a misunderstanding by me? And if there is included is it for every country?

And I also was wondering if Ursa mini pro 4.6K could shoot in every version of raw in 1080 and 2.5K too?
When shooting 4.6K raw, do I have to use two cfast card at the same time or can I just use one?

Scott Smith

Re: Are there no power cord included for Ursa mini pro?

PostThu Feb 22, 2018 5:37 pm

Blackmagic is basically no longer providing power cords. This is reportedly because they didn't want to deal with figuring out what cord your country uses and deal with that compatibility issue. But it is just as likely to be cost savings. And personally, i think 99.9% of us already have plenty of cords available, so, for me, it is a environmental/waste issue. There are so many power cords out there for people who have discarded the equipment it came with. I think its a great move. Unless you actually need one. Then its a pain in the butt. But even then, it allows you to buy the cord you need, in the length you need, instead of having some generic one.
Scott R Smith
BMD Stuff I use: ATEM 2-M/E, 4 x ATEM PS 4K, Broadcast Videohub, 6 Hyperdeck Pros, 4 Hyperdeck Shuttles, Multidock, Smartscope Duo, Smartview, Intensity Extreme, Decklink Studio, and lots of Miniconverters and Open Gear Converters.

Julia Sand

PostThu Feb 22, 2018 6:13 pm

But what kind power cord do it need?
I want to buy it from USA, can I then just plug in a cord from europe in to the power supply? I just gues it can use electricity from every country?

Scott Smith

PostThu Feb 22, 2018 6:32 pm

It is a standard IEC Power Cord, like you would use on any desktop computer or most professional gear. The equipment end is a standard, the wall end needs to be the standard for the country you are in.

Here's one for the US: US IEC Power cord
Scott R Smith
BMD Stuff I use: ATEM 2-M/E, 4 x ATEM PS 4K, Broadcast Videohub, 6 Hyperdeck Pros, 4 Hyperdeck Shuttles, Multidock, Smartscope Duo, Smartview, Intensity Extreme, Decklink Studio, and lots of Miniconverters and Open Gear Converters.

Scott Smith

PostThu Feb 22, 2018 6:38 pm

I am almost positive that the power supplies in all the Blackmagic products support a very wide range of power inputs, and are compatible with nearly everywhere, once you get the correct connection for the wall outlet.
Scott R Smith

Xtreemtec

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 1:52 pm

All power supplies are 100-240V wide input.. So yes plug in a IEC cable with the right connector and you are good to go
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started