Firmware 5.1 feature request

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

carlomacchiavello

Firmware 5.1 feature request

PostSat Feb 24, 2018 7:00 pm

BMD cameras are great piece of gear, Ursa Mini Pro is a big jump from old cams, i think some small add could be useful

- menu wheel, why are disabled for most of time?
the weak point of this choise : why only for viewfinder use? why for only fron SDI?
i not use FrontSDI but use MainSDI for Va4k to have a 4k zoom for focus, but i can only connect to front sdi or i waste of time.
Why not add to menu an option "full time menu wheel"? also when i work with internal monitor i would like to use a menu wheel to speed up changment.
Anyone of these engineers who develop camera have worked with this camera in a dirty place? or tried to use a dirty monitor from greasy fingers to focus under strong sun? or simpler ... you have a sunshade on monitor and you cannot use with fingers....

- please enable more LUT slot on camera, and the ability to send throught sdi (of user choose) the signal Lut processed. many times could be useful to record a backup with a lut, or apply for realtime recording, or for people that would see daily not flat, but there are not time to do daily also with a simple lut export.

Michael Odhiambo

Re: Firmware 5.1 feature request

PostSun Feb 25, 2018 6:34 am

carlomacchiavello wrote:BMD cameras are great piece of gear, Ursa Mini Pro is a big jump from old cams, i think some small add could be useful

- menu wheel, why are disabled for most of time?
the weak point of this choise : why only for viewfinder use? why for only fron SDI?
i not use FrontSDI but use MainSDI for Va4k to have a 4k zoom for focus, but i can only connect to front sdi or i waste of time.
Why not add to menu an option "full time menu wheel"? also when i work with internal monitor i would like to use a menu wheel to speed up changment.
Anyone of these engineers who develop camera have worked with this camera in a dirty place? or tried to use a dirty monitor from greasy fingers to focus under strong sun? or simpler ... you have a sunshade on monitor and you cannot use with fingers....

- please enable more LUT slot on camera, and the ability to send throught sdi (of user choose) the signal Lut processed. many times could be useful to record a backup with a lut, or apply for realtime recording, or for people that would see daily not flat, but there are not time to do daily also with a simple lut export.

You can output the LUT over the front and rear SDI. SO, your VA4K can recorded a LUTed video signal. You can select the front to have no LUT and read to have a LUT. In the monitor settings.

carlomacchiavello

PostSun Feb 25, 2018 11:43 am

Michael Odhiambo wrote:
You can output the LUT over the front and rear SDI. SO, your VA4K can recorded a LUTed video signal. You can select the front to have no LUT and read to have a LUT. In the monitor settings.

great thanks :-D

Vess Stoytchev

PostSun Feb 25, 2018 12:48 pm

120 fps full sensor :)

carlomacchiavello

PostSun Feb 25, 2018 1:10 pm

Vess Stoytchev wrote:120 fps full sensor :)

if they not put from the start i think is a hardware limits like many other cameras, also many red you can reach some fps speed only in windowed mode

carlomacchiavello

PostFri Mar 30, 2018 9:01 pm

- focus sdi out optimized
on Ursa we have double tap on monitor and you have 1:1 pixel mapping from sensor to monitor.
i would like to see an output 1:1 windowed (obviously) in full hd to sdi 3g or 6g to have out a real 1:1 pixel mapping on external monitor? this could be excellent to focus better on external fullhd monitor.
if i can assign it to a custom button, when i need super focus help (lens at 1.5 1.2 very near subject) i can have on external monitor a fullhd signal from 4.6 sensors.
i ask :
1) enable output windowed of fhd from sdi 3g (monitor etc)
2) enable me to assign to a custom button
could be the same area that i can see internal monitor, and move it on internal and external monitor .

Vess Stoytchev

PostSat Mar 31, 2018 6:31 am

A grid view of your shots instead of scrolling through all of them. The ability to view all your material. Not only the pne that was shot with the current camera settings. This is for UMP.

carlomacchiavello

PostThu Jul 26, 2018 6:39 pm

ability to grab still with lut backed on or simply copied along still, could be useful if dit not remember to assign to shot lut, or someone miss something (too oftne than you can thing).

Return to Cinematography