HDMI Splitter to ATEM and Field Monitor

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Frank Ward

HDMI Splitter to ATEM and Field Monitor

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 6:10 pm

Ugghh. I hate being stupid, well maybe just ignorant. I am trying to take the HDMI signal from my Canon Vixia HF R800 to a BMD Micro HDMI to SDI converter AND my Neewer NW759 monitor mounted on my camera rig. The HDMI to SDI signal will be going to a BMD ATEM TV Studio HD. I understand I need EDID signal to the ATEM, but I also need to view the monitor. So, PLEASE, I need a recommendations for a 1x2 HDMI splitter that will work for me....Please. I have 3 other Canon R800's and a new Canon XA-11 that we will need to do the same thing. ANY help will be really, really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Xtreemtec

Re: HDMI Splitter to ATEM and Field Monitor

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 7:14 pm

Any "good" hdmi splitter.. Sorry but really good does not excist.. But i guess a monorpice, amazon and others will have a small lightweight splitter that might work.

I would have rather gone a different route. Decimator MD-LX
Input source> HDMI in, Output HDMI out and SDI out. ;) $99 and you have a splitter and SDI converter in 1 box.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Frank Ward

Re: HDMI Splitter to ATEM and Field Monitor

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 7:31 pm

Thanks! I will look at your recommendation for the future. Having it all in one is much better, and you only need one power connection. Thank You

Return to Live Production