Use HyperDeck Studio Mini as basic media player?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Jordan Vinson

Use HyperDeck Studio Mini as basic media player?

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 8:10 pm

Hello!

We're a very small, remote TV station, and we have a local channel over the air in which we have content running on a loop. We're currently using an old Western Digital media player converting HDMI to SDI with a Blackmagic converter. The unit is a cheaper version than this:
https://www.amazon.com/WD-TV-Media-Play ... B00JXFM75Y

My engineer is telling me to get the HyperDeck Studio Mini as a replacement, but it doesn't look like it will work in terms of simply funnelling content stored on an external hard drive through to SDI for broadcast. Moreover, I can't tell if it would even loop the content stored on the external.

Any help is much appreciated. If the HyperDeck Studio Mini doesn't fit the bill, any other suggestions?

Byron Bonifassi

Blackmagic Design

Re: Use HyperDeck Studio Mini as basic media player?

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 12:46 am

The Hyperdeck Studio Mini is a recorder with playback capabilities. It wasn't designed for the purpose of being a media player, so it can't playback a wide variety of formats like some media players can. You can check out the supported codecs and resolutions on our Tech Specs page. Feel free to send me a PM if you have further questions.
Blackmagic Technical Support (US)
support-usa@blackmagicdesign.com

Return to Getting Started