3 Camera Live Stream on a Budget

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

ninjanate333

3 Camera Live Stream on a Budget

PostSun Feb 25, 2018 8:10 am

Hello,

So here is my situation. I am attempting to live stream a show from a studio set up with 3 cameras (Currently looking at the fz1000) using Camera HDMI outputs>video transcoder>PC streaming program (Running on an HP Omen) and am trying to figure out if it is possible to do so on a tight budget. We are unable to afford something like an ATEM system and I haven't been able to find a budget option that has 3 HDMI inputs, at least not for PC users.(unfortunately I haven't found an affordable 4k cameras with SDI Out) The initial plan was to use 3 Blackmagic Intensity Shuttles, but my research has been discouraging as it seems that this isn't possible. The current budget solution I have found is to upgrade my motherboard to get a second PCIe input and install 2 Intensity 4k Pros and then use a Intensity Shuttle via USB 3. This setup(minus cameras) would cost around $1000 which is ideal but I want to make sure something like this is possible before purchasing all this hardware. I would appreciate any insight on this topic.

Cory Mack

Re: 3 Camera Live Stream on a Budget

PostTue Feb 27, 2018 4:19 am

An ATEM TVS HD plus an UltraStudio Mini Recorder will do this, as long as you have ThunderBolt 2 or an adapter - that was my testing configuration as I grew my TVS system.

ninjanate333

PostTue Feb 27, 2018 6:05 pm

We aren't using a Mac so we can't use a thunderbolt input and there aren't adapters(that I can find) that go Thunderbolt>USB3>PC so the mini recorder isn't an option. Unless you can link me the converter cable, which would be great! Is it possible to just use the ATEM TVS HD?

MambaFiber.com

PostTue Feb 27, 2018 7:58 pm

we have used this to capture ATEM PGM output over SDI with embedded audio for streaming...
https://www.amazon.com/Magewell-Capture ... BKOLL3J3K6

prefer to use something like the VidiU now. the dongle works well but it's required laptop takes up more space. The vidiU is mounted inside of our rack.
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

ninjanate333

PostTue Feb 27, 2018 8:26 pm

Thanks for all the replies! It looks like I'll just need to get something like the ATEM TVS>Intensity shuttle>PC. Would the intensity shuttle be able to handle this type of encoding? Also would I be able to show all 3 feeds simultaneously?

Andrew Martin

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 6:57 pm

Don't buy an intensity shuttle..
Horrible thing. You need specific hardware and drivers
in the pc, hardware which hasn't seen production for about 4/5 yrs now.
Also the output on the tvs HD is SDI shuttle does not do SDI and tops out at 1.5 g
So no 1080p/50 or /60

Go with the magewell or an AJA U-tap
If you want an external solution or a decklink mini recorder
card if you can open up the PC to fit one internally.

A.

Return to Live Production