Black Magic URSA Mini Pro won't Power on

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Ali Musoke

Black Magic URSA Mini Pro won't Power on

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 7:33 pm

Hello Family,

I have a problem with my Black Magic mini pro,(Its now two months old) it has completely failed to start/power on, nothing works. Recharging and changing batteries won't help. I have tried to power it directly using the power cable, nothing works. I have tried removing the lenses, cards and any external attachments the problem still persists.

The pervious day, it worked very well, the following morning when I reached the set, it powered on well, then I switched it off, it failed to start again, after 10 minutes I switched it on and it powered. I switched it off again to see if it can power again. It has completely failed to power on since then.

Has anyone experienced this problem or know how I can fix it, without shipping back to Black Magic, because its too expensive for me to ship it from Uganda. Thanks in advance.

Xtreemtec

Re: Black Magic URSA Mini Pro won't Power on

PostSat Feb 24, 2018 1:46 am

Have you tryed to connect it to a laptop with a USB-C cable? Does the BMD camra utility see the camera when you power it from the power supply??
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Ali Musoke

PostSat Feb 24, 2018 2:00 pm

I have tried connecting it to a laptop via USB C - Cable and its read. Also shows that the camera needs an update when I try to update it, it requires powering it on which don't work. So I am still stuck.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 11:24 pm

You're going to want to contact the support office in your region who will be able to provide you additional support information on our product and where to send it to.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Anatoly Mashanov

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 1:54 am

What??? The camera is powered so that the updater sees the version number and shows that the camera needs an update - and simultaneously the camera is NOT powered and so could not be updated?

Samikimita

PostTue Sep 17, 2019 7:33 am

@Ali did you find a solution or did you have to ship it to BMD. Im having the same problem in Kenya.

Return to Cinematography