Fairlight not playing at all

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Gadsby

Fairlight not playing at all

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 5:03 pm

Hi there,

I'll provide a quick low-down on whats happened In Davinci. I believe my issue maybe very specific.

I recently tried to install my new graphics card, and after some fiddling, I had numerous issues I had to perform a CMOS reset to get everything going. Long story short, cards working and performing, but it resulted in my motherboards on board sound card being damaged. Resulting in myself buying a new sound card.

Everything else works with the sound card, sound plays in the grading and edit screen, but as soon as I put in Fairlight sound stops. But not only does it stop, it just straight up doesn't work. the cursor wont even move.

If I switch it to play through my HDMI output, Fairlight works (But I don't have a HDMI Monitor). So, until I decide to buy a new monitor, is there a way I can get Fairlight to work?

The 'Use System Audio Output' is greyed out and unchecked, but I believe if I can get this part working the audio will work in Fairlight. Any ideas?

I called BlackMagic but they also had no clue as to why Fairlight wasn't communicating with the sound card properly.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Jean Claude

Re: Fairlight not playing at all

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 6:00 pm

Help yourself and heaven will help you
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=69837 :roll:
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

Gadsby

PostThu Mar 01, 2018 11:58 am

Okay so,

I'm running Davinci 14.3.0.014 (Latest Version) on Windows 7 Professional. 64 Bit.

Processor: I7-5820K 3.3GHZ
Ram - DDR4 Crucial 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Graphics Card: Geforce 1060Ti
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card

Is there anything other information that maybe useful?

Jean Claude

PostThu Mar 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi,

Not easy and not guaranteed,

- check if the integrated sound card of the motherboard is disable and the drivers completely uninstalled, (if uninstall => reboot after)
- check that the new sound card is the default in the 'Sound' control panel of Windows 10
- check that the ASIO is not activated (if it is? I do not know this card)
- uninstall drivers then reboot PC
- install the latest drivers
- check for Resolution and sampling rate: 48Khz / 24 bits.

test Davinci resolve Preference to enable use system audio output. (required)

And if it really does not work, try the drivers of this page
http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/
(Asus drivers for W10 are from 2015/10/23)
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

Return to DaVinci Resolve