Bins Clip thumbnail image from selection in out ?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mp14mp14

Bins Clip thumbnail image from selection in out ?

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi People, maybe is a dumb question but I couldn't figure out yet.

I'm new to davinci, old video editor but just switching to resolve. I couldn't find a way to show the clips inside a bin with a frame from the selection range of the clip instead of the first frame or last frame I scrubed. is there a way to achieve this in resolve?

I usually make a quick preselection in a full camera timeline then drag and drop that selection to different bins my goal is to be able to see the first frame of each cut on each clip. I found this method very useful to quickly see all the cuts. but davinci is showing me first frame on every clip so if there 5 clips that were splited from a original footage this 5 clips shows the same first frame on each clip...
what I want is all those 5 clips to show the first frame of the cut (the in)

Thanks

Hector Berrebi

Re: Bins Clip thumbnail image from selection in out ?

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 5:32 pm

mp14mp14 wrote:Hi People, maybe is a dumb question but I couldn't figure out yet.

I'm new to davinci, old video editor but just switching to resolve. I couldn't find a way to show the clips inside a bin with a frame from the selection range of the clip instead of the first frame or last frame I scrubed. is there a way to achieve this in resolve?

Hey Mariano

Skim/scrub the thumbnail video to the desired frame.
Right click the choose Set Poster Frame

Enjoy :)
H e c t o r _ B e r r e b i
---------------------------
Colorist ~ Consultant ~ Trainer
Da Vinci Resolve Certified Instructor

mp14mp14

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 5:47 pm

Thanks Hector,

I knew about that way to change the thumbnail, but I got around 100 clips per bin. I was wondering if there is an automatic way to switch the thubnail to the in point of each clip

freshman

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 7:46 pm

Hello, yes, we are trying to figure this out as well. ...

We have a bin of selected clips. But the thumbnails all show the first frame of their PARENT clip. - So it's not helpful visually to glance through the bin and pick a select to work with.

Is there a way to change this? ...to see the thumbnail as the IN POINT instead?

Thank you!!

Matejnn2

PostMon Mar 04, 2024 2:36 pm

Has anyone found a solution please?
I only need to see the first frame cut mark in. Not the whole video file. I need to do, for example, 700 trimmed clips at once.
I'm afraid that if Davinci can't do this, I'll have to go back to Adobe Premiere. It is very important to me in my workflow.
Neither Subclips nor Compound is the answer.

Please help. I've been looking for it for 2 days now with no results. I am desperate.
Thank you so much

Return to DaVinci Resolve