Decklink Mini Monitor 4k conflicts with Graphics Card

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Dan Turmik

Decklink Mini Monitor 4k conflicts with Graphics Card

PostTue Feb 27, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi!

I have two Nvidia 780ti Cards installed in my system. Recently i installed the Decklink Mini Monitor 4k card.
Now i sometimes have the problem where the system gets really laggy for a few seconds. The mouse cursor starts slowing down and everything responds really slow for a couple of seconds.
I tried removing the Decklink and the problem doesnt occur. Other than that the card works fine.

I am wondering if anyone had the same problem. Seems to me like the Decklink somehow conflicts with the two Graphics Cards...

Xtreemtec

Re: Decklink Mini Monitor 4k conflicts with Graphics Card

PostTue Feb 27, 2018 8:53 pm

Guess your motherboard does share all PCI lanes with the cards.. And so can have issues with latency and interrupted data could be the downside of that.

So first thing to check is what motherboard you have. And if you have updated the bios and drivers ;)
In the specs of the motherboard should be somewhere how many pci lanes it has and how many are shared with other resources..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Dan Turmik

Re: Decklink Mini Monitor 4k conflicts with Graphics Card

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi!

Thanks for the answer!
My Motherboard is an Asus P9X79-E WS. Online i found the info that it supports 4 full speed (x16) PCIE cards

I am not really informed about the whole PC technical side so i dont know if the motherboard is ok for all of the cards... :?

Xtreemtec wrote:Guess your motherboard does share all PCI lanes with the cards.. And so can have issues with latency and interrupted data could be the downside of that.

So first thing to check is what motherboard you have. And if you have updated the bios and drivers ;)
In the specs of the motherboard should be somewhere how many pci lanes it has and how many are shared with other resources..

Return to Getting Started