BLACKMAGIC PRODUCTION CAMERA 4K - Information and Support

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

stephen.absalom

BLACKMAGIC PRODUCTION CAMERA 4K - Information and Support

PostSat Mar 03, 2018 8:53 pm

Yeah I bought a Blackmagic Production Camera 4k for like 3 grand a year or two ago (new). I don't even see it on the website anymore and I haven't used it yet. Some life got in the way but now we're ready to use it and suddenly it seems like we're all trying to forget this particular model exists?

Any information about that, anyone?

Denny Smith

Re: BLACKMAGIC PRODUCTION CAMERA 4K - Information and Suppor

PostMon Mar 05, 2018 8:10 pm

The camera was discontinued, and while no longer sold new, it is still supported, but your warranty has lapsed (1-year from purchase). There was a recent firm ware update 4.3.3 I. April 2017, see BM Support: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... al-cameras.

The Production Camera is still used, and user Support is available here, you can search the forum in Cinematography or Live Production for previous threads on known issues. You can also post new questions here. That said, the camera has been replaced by the Ursa Mini 4K (same Ver2 4K sensor) which has improved cooling, better audio preamps and an updated video processor. The UM4K EF is still available, but the Urs Mini Pro is becoming the lead camera in sales and features. A new Ursa Broadcast was just released, providing live multi-camera Broadcast app,icarions as well as filling the slot for Boradcast Production and ENG applications.

Good luck with your Production Camera project.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Cinematography