HDMI to SDI micro to Roland V60HD issue

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

AccessAllAreasJapan

HDMI to SDI micro to Roland V60HD issue

PostSun Mar 04, 2018 9:35 am

Hello all,

I purchased a HDMI to SDI micro converter to use with the clients V60HD.
Macbook pro to converter (HDMI) , converter (SDI) to switcher.
Basically I am not getting the right SDI output from the converter.
The Roland V60HD is indicating that that is unsupported.
I have updated the converter and used another same type converter to check if it was an issue with the unit, that one didn't work either, I did get it working with a Roland converter but I cannot use that one as it was a rental.

Am I wrong in saying that this converter does not have the right SMPT signature (License)(handshake?) or it is sending the wrong frequency to the switcher.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
1080p60 1920x480

Xtreemtec

Re: HDMI to SDI micro to Roland V60HD issue

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 8:13 am

Well try to change the resolution to broadcast standards. 60P is not a broadcast standard. 59,94 is ;)
Try to set a lower resolution like 1280x720. The roland has the ability to scale on all it's inputs. Just for a quick test too see if it gets any video trough.

Also try a different laptop like a windows machine.. There are a lot of issues lately with MAC HDMI output..

The roland converter you mention has a scaler inside. The micro is straight in straight out. So whatever you put in and is complaint with a broadcast resolution. Will come out as a SMPTE standard video.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

hackerac

Re: HDMI to SDI micro to Roland V60HD issue

PostSat Oct 27, 2018 2:23 am

I've had the same issue and it's driving me insane. I'm using the Roland V60-HD on a large scale tour, and all of my Windows machines will go HDMI to Black Magic HDMI to SDI into the SDI input of the V60 and work just fine. However, whenever I use a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air, the Roland input status says, "Unsupported."

The same thing happens when I use a Decimator MD-HX, no matter what scaling I set the MacBook or the Decimator to. This, to me, points to an Apple and/or Roland issue. Just giving my two cents to Blackmagic.

Maybe someone from Roland and Apple will see this thread and decide the the two "industry standards" for pro video should actually talk to each other. I'll be shopping for a new switcher tomorrow.

Return to Getting Started