Footage from Canon C100 Only Imports Audio when Importing XM

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

LukeCypert

Footage from Canon C100 Only Imports Audio when Importing XM

PostMon Mar 05, 2018 6:27 pm

Hello,

I have a simple one video track timeline in Premiere that I need to send to Resolve. But when I import the XML into Resolve and tell Resolve where to search for the media it only locates the audio from the video clips.

The footage is from 2 Canon C100s.

When I got the cards from the C100s I just dumped the entire cards on to my hard drive (I'm using macOS for this), and then imported the entire card into Premiere. Premiere sees all the clips with matching video and audio and I cut the piece as I normally would. I created the XML (I tried EDL and AAF too). I then started a new project in Resolve and tried to import the XML. Resolve says it can't find 170 of 170 pieces of media (or whatever the number was) so I told Resolve where to search (and this function usually works perfectly) and then Resolve located a bunch of the audio but NONE of the video (which should be in the same file on the hard drive).

One odd thing is that if I just try to import the footage in the media page of Resolve, Resolve sees all the video and audio correctly. I tried importing all of that first and then importing the XML, but that didn't work either.

I tried collecting the Premiere project to a new location and then made a new XML and Resolve then imported SOME of the video with the audio. How is that possible? lol

I tried force conforming the clips on the timeline to the clips imported thought the media page, but the time codes did not conform.

So what do I do now? I could rebuild the edit I guess, but seriously, this should be the simplest thing.

LukeCypert

Re: Footage from Canon C100 Only Imports Audio when Importin

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 3:02 pm

Anyone have any experience in importing XMLs that use Canon C camera files?

LukeCypert

PostTue Mar 27, 2018 2:34 pm

I keep searching the internet and the forums but I'm not finding anything. Any ideas?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Mar 28, 2018 9:54 pm

Luke, you need to provide more information for someone to help.
please review
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=69837
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

LukeCypert

PostThu Mar 29, 2018 7:13 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Luke, you need to provide more information for someone to help.
please review
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=69837

Hmm, I thought I was pretty detailed in my post.

Ok then.

Resolve: 14.3.0.014
GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 580 8GB
Storage: Media on external mechanical drive - Resolve database on a local server (RAIDed storage managed by ProMax)

I did a edit of c100 footage in Premiere, it's one track of video and two tracks of stereo audio. I exported an XML (though I've tried AAF, EDL etc...) but when Resolve tries to locate the media, it can only locate the audio associated with the videoclips on the timeline. NO VIDEO IS FOUND AUTOMATICALLY.

One odd thing is that if I just try to import the footage in the media page of Resolve, Resolve sees all the video and audio correctly. I tried importing all of that into Resolve first and then importing the XML, but that causes the same issue.

I tried collecting the Premiere project and media to a new location and then made a new XML and Resolve then imported SOME of the video with the audio. How is that possible? lol

I tried force conforming the clips on the timeline to the clips imported thought the media page, but the time codes did not conform.

Return to DaVinci Resolve