Studio Converter SDI Questions

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Chris Murch

Studio Converter SDI Questions

PostMon Mar 05, 2018 6:40 am

Hello All,

I am in the process of testing some extra equipment we have acquired for use in our fleet of BM Gear.

Currently I am testing the BM Camera Converters to the BM Studio Converter (Version 1 without the speaker on the front) and I am unable to get a signal to show into my BM TV Studio Pro using the Studio Converter.

I am currently plugging a Sony A7SII into the HDMI In port on the Camera Converter, running the SDI Out to the Studio Converter and then the SDI of the Studio Converter to the TV Studio Pro via one of the SDI Inputs. I am getting no vision at all.

If I plug the HDMI out of the Camera Converter into the TV Studio Pro, I am getting the feed. Am I correct in thinking I must use the fibre cable to send to the Studio converter from the camera converter and then send the SDI out from the channel I am using on the studio converter to an input on the TV Studio HD? I am assuming the SDI cable is not transmitting through the Studio Converter for some reason?

Thanks

Chris

Xtreemtec

Re: Studio Converter SDI Questions

PostMon Mar 05, 2018 7:42 pm

Seems this post was hold for Admins to review it first as a new user.
I awnsered your question in the meanwhile this morning by PM. ;)

But the awnser was yes you need fiber. The Atem Camera converters don't run SDI to SDI like the Studio Cameras Do.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production