Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

render with timeline

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

bill890

render with timeline

PostSat Mar 03, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi Forum

i should be able to "show/share" a compositing to my school-mates. e.g. over DropBox or some other means.

Does Fusion support to render with timeline?

Thank you!

Bill

Bryan Ray

Re: render with timeline

PostSat Mar 03, 2018 4:11 pm

I don't quite understand your question. Fusion can render to several kinds of video files or to discrete image frames, and those can certainly go into a shared folder. You could theoretically also put the .comp file itself and the sources in a Dropbox share, and if all the Loaders use the comp: Path Map*, others could open it and see it exactly as you do if you needed a collaborative workflow.

And you can render specific portions of your timeline. But if "render with timeline" is some particular editor's jargon, it's not something I have heard before. Could you describe the functionality you are looking for more specifically?

*Path maps let you use a short code to stand in for a path. comp: is a built-in dynamic path map that points to the folder the composition file currently resides in. So if you are working on F:/Dropbox/projects/foo/Fusion/myAwesomeComp_v31.comp, and your footage is in F:/Dropbox/projects/foo/plates/greenscreen/dayFour_gs_shoot.####.dpx, then your Loader would have this path: comp:../plates/greenscreen/dayFour_gs_shoot.####.dpx

Your collaborator, who stores their Dropbox at D:/data/freelance/Dropbox could use the same Loader, and as long as the relative path is the same, the footage will still be found, even though the rest of their file system is completely different.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Chris North

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 10:38 am

Don't forget the excellent Legacy Eyeon Archive script for moving projects too. It copies only the media used in the comp and organises everything into folders.

bill890

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 4:06 pm

Thank you for your feedback! My school-mates are not collaboraters, they are just checking the result
and need to be able to tell me(probably over telephone), what parts of the video needs further improvements.

Thank's!

Bill

PS
For that it's probably not even required to render the timeline into the video, because video player should do that job as well.

A webbrowser-based tool would be great with the possibility to add notes and voice to the video. But such solutions are an overkill for me...

Sander de Regt

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 4:29 pm

You're looking for timecode in the picture. You can do this in Fusion as well, just add a Text+ tool and modify the textfield with timecode and you can do TimeCode Burn-ins. You can set it to hours/minutes/seconds/frames or even to just frames for very specific criticism.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Jörg-Mark Kasassoglou

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 6:52 pm

If you have a Vimeo account you could do your review session there with. you can have the video accessible only to specific persons and do annotations in the interface. I'm not sure, but I think you need an Pro Account...

Fraser Shiers

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 11:40 pm

Maybe have a look at frame.io. It's a web based video sharing and review tool which offers what I think you're looking for.

Return to Fusion