How to (fake) 3d rotate element like in Premiere

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

SantenPlu

How to (fake) 3d rotate element like in Premiere

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 1:04 pm

Hi,

how can i (fake) 3d rotate an element (e.g. a logo) like with the 3d effekt in premiere?
I think it is a combination of x or x scaling and pitch/yaw to generate the fake 3d rotation.
However pitch/yaw does not bend far enough to do a full spin.
Is there another way or effect?

Hector Berrebi

Re: How to (fake) 3d rotate element like in Premiere

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 5:51 pm

SantenPlu wrote:Hi,

how can i (fake) 3d rotate an element (e.g. a logo) like with the 3d effekt in premiere?
I think it is a combination of x or x scaling and pitch/yaw to generate the fake 3d rotation.
However pitch/yaw does not bend far enough to do a full spin.
Is there another way or effect?

Hi Santen

1. You can't... Maybe when the much needed Corner Pinor even some Transform 3D OFX are added in it will be a simpler task
2. There are external OFX plugins for it. I use Sapphire S_WarpTransform, I'm sure there's a BCC variation (didn't try it on a logo)
3. This should be a perfect opportunity to start fiddling with Fusion :) I'm quite sure the free version is capable of doing it, and you can use Fusion Connect directly from your timeline.
H e c t o r _ B e r r e b i
---------------------------
Colorist ~ Consultant ~ Trainer
Da Vinci Resolve Certified Instructor

whizzrd

PostWed Mar 07, 2018 10:33 pm

To create a swivel effect you can animate the Width, Yaw and Flip transform from the "color" page using the sizing and keyframe panels

1. start with a dynamic keyframe, leave yaw at 0
2. scrub a few frames left and add a dynamic keyframe, set width to 0.0, yaw to 1.5
3. scrub one frame left and add a dynamic keyframe, set yaw to -1.5 and enable flip
4. scrub a few frames left and add a dynamic keyframe, set width to 1, yaw to 0
5. scrub a few frames left and add a dynamic keyframe, set width to 0.01, yaw to 1.5
6. scrub one frame left and add a dynamic keyframe, set yaw to -1.5 and disable flip
7. scrub a few frames left and add a dynamic keyframe, set with to 1, yaw to 0

SantenPlu

PostFri Mar 09, 2018 7:49 am

whizzrd wrote:To create a swivel effect you can animate the Width, Yaw and Flip transform from the "color" page using the sizing and keyframe panels

1. start with a dynamic keyframe, leave yaw at 0
2. scrub a few frames left and add a dynamic keyframe, set width to 0.0, yaw to 1.5
3. scrub one frame left and add a dynamic keyframe, set yaw to -1.5 and enable flip
4. scrub a few frames left and add a dynamic keyframe, set width to 1, yaw to 0
5. scrub a few frames left and add a dynamic keyframe, set width to 0.01, yaw to 1.5
6. scrub one frame left and add a dynamic keyframe, set yaw to -1.5 and disable flip
7. scrub a few frames left and add a dynamic keyframe, set with to 1, yaw to 0

Hi,
i can do the sam in the edit page.
But the described problem is that the yaw is not going far enough. It does only a 45° turn instead of 90°.
Blackmagic has to rework that.

Or give a fully functional 3d-Rotate function.

whizzrd

PostSat Mar 10, 2018 10:36 am

SantenPlu wrote:the yaw is not going far enough. It does only a 45° turn instead of 90°.

You can simulate that by reducing the width in addition to increasing the yaw as I tried (and failed) to explain; sorry, hope someone can explain it to you.

Return to DaVinci Resolve