Dynamic zoom starting from the very start of crossfade

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Michael Daniels

Dynamic zoom starting from the very start of crossfade

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 4:19 pm

Hi guys!

I transitioned from imovie into davinci and i must say that davinci works great!

I just have this issue, that the dynamic zoom only starts at the halfway point of the crossfade instead of the very start of the crossfade, therefore i can still see the incoming shot still still before moving. Is there a way to get the shot to zoom in from the start of the crossfade or even before that?

Thank you so much!

Dmitry Kitsov BMD

Blackmagic Design

Re: Dynamic zoom starting from the very start of crossfade

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Hello, Michael,
you may want to try to control the transition's alignment in the inspector in the edit page, while your cross-dissolve transition is selected. Setting the transition's alignment to Start on Edit seems to be what you are looking for. You might need to readjust the duration of the incoming and outgoing clips for timing.
Blackmagic Design Sr.Technical Support Engineer

Michael Daniels

PostWed Mar 07, 2018 2:32 am

Hi Dmitry Kitsov,

Thank you so much for your reply!
I got the transition that I want. But it is very annoying having to set markers on the centre poing and having to slide the transition around.

Are there any work arounds?

Much Thanks!

robozb

PostMon Sep 09, 2019 2:53 am

I think this problem is still in Resolve 16, I'm also interested in the solution! Thanks!

robozb

PostMon Sep 09, 2019 3:14 am

Michael Daniels wrote:Hi guys!

I transitioned from imovie into davinci and i must say that davinci works great!

I just have this issue, that the dynamic zoom only starts at the halfway point of the crossfade instead of the very start of the crossfade, therefore i can still see the incoming shot still still before moving. Is there a way to get the shot to zoom in from the start of the crossfade or even before that?

Thank you so much!

In Resolve 16 the problem still exists, but with photos everything great, the dynamic zoom work well on both side on centralized cross dissolve, but it seems there is a workaround at videos, if you put the second clip to a compound clip then that works well :)

Return to DaVinci Resolve