Media Tab for Creating Multicam and Syncing Audio.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Adam Berch

Media Tab for Creating Multicam and Syncing Audio.

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 10:24 pm

Hi,

I'm using an iMac and Davinci Resolve 14

I have added 2 photos to this e-mail.

The first picture is my screen when I press the Media Button on the bottom of the screen from the Edit screen.. Why does mine looks so different? How can I get it to look like the 2nd picture if I am in the middle of an edit and want to make a multicam clip or sync audio? I want the bottom half of my screen to be empty so I can drag clips down there to Sync clips and Make multicam clips.

The second one is from a tutorial I watched today. When they press the 'Media Button on the bottom of the screen it looks like that. That's where you set up the Multicam and the Syncing of 2 or more cameras with external Audio. I want mine to look like that as well.

Also would syncing Video and Audio in PluralEyes help with Multicips in Davinci Resolve?

Thanks in advance.

A)
Attachments
Screen Shot 1.jpg
Screen Shot 1.jpg (164.58 KiB) Viewed 823 times
Screen Shot .jpg
Screen Shot .jpg (115.02 KiB) Viewed 823 times

Hector Berrebi

Re: Media Tab for Creating Multicam and Syncing Audio.

PostWed Mar 07, 2018 4:59 am

Adam Berch wrote:Hi,

I'm using an iMac and Davinci Resolve 14

I have added 2 photos to this e-mail.

The first picture is my screen when I press the Media Button on the bottom of the screen from the Edit screen.. Why does mine looks so different? How can I get it to look like the 2nd picture if I am in the middle of an edit and want to make a multicam clip or sync audio? I want the bottom half of my screen to be empty so I can drag clips down there to Sync clips and Make multicam clips.

Hey Adam

Nothing is wrong with your Media Pool page,
The difference is that the second picture is inside an empty bin, and you're at top view seeing all your bins.

You can sync and create multicam clips in the Edit page too, its the same Media Pool.

PluralEyes would add another tool/step into your workflow. Do a search in this forum for past issues users had with this workflow.
H e c t o r _ B e r r e b i
---------------------------
Colorist ~ Consultant ~ Trainer
Da Vinci Resolve Certified Instructor

Adam Berch

PostWed Mar 07, 2018 12:45 pm

HI,

So if I make a bin and keep it empty, it should look like the bottom one?

Thanks.

Adam Berch

PostWed Mar 07, 2018 1:05 pm

OK,

I just made an empty folder on the bottom half of my media page. It looks exactly like it should now.

But, I have already imported all of my footage into various bins, as I started this drive. How can I get those clips onto the bottom half of the media page so I can set up syncing and multicam clips?

Do I have to re-import the clips in the media Pool page?

Thanks in advance

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Mar 07, 2018 3:02 pm

Please review the first chapter on the user guide, getting started.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve