Call for advise: how many cores i9 CPU with single Titan Xp?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Piotr Wozniacki

Call for advise: how many cores i9 CPU with single Titan Xp?

PostSun Feb 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Dear Friends,

There have been plenty of hardware-oriented discussion on this great forum, neither of which conclusive. So let me first explain why, and then... start another one, hoping some good souls from among fellow users and/or BMD moderators will provide me with the answers :)

OK, so it so happens that at the age of 63, I have to keep in mind the solid income from my main profession-related activity will cease in 2-3 years, after which I'll become semi-retired with all my energy and time devoted to digital content acquisition, editing/grading, and final product delivery. As in any art-related activity, my income will be considerably lower than it is now, when I still devote myself to a more stable profession in the area of engineering - but first of all, even if I'm lucky enough and manage to make good money on this currently just the second profession (or should I say passion or "serious hobby") - it will never be coming regularly as it does now :( Therefore, I've started to seriously consider leasing a high-end and as future-proof as only possible, workstation; if I start soon it will be paid-off completely by those 2 years or so...

At the moment, what I'm considering most seriously is a Supermicro Superserver 7048GR-TR. In the current DaVinci Resolve Configuration Guide 2x 12 cores are recommended as a minimum; I don't think I can afford that many cores - 2x 8 or even just 2x 6 cores is more realistic; if I'm doing fine I'll always be able to replace those modest Xeons with more powerful ones without a need for a whole new machine (which is the beauty of the dual-CPU server architecture). But I must admit I have no idea (neither is it mentioned in the Guide) how many GPUs to go with in order to get the best possible balance between the GPU vs. CPU performance... And this exactly is the main question for you guys (I'm sure more will come, but lets start with this most important ones as it's my experience eliminating bottlenecks is probably the one most important thing).

So - assuming my starting configuration would only have 16 CPU cores in total - how many Titan Xps cards should I start with? The motherboard in those servers have 4 PCI-E 3.0 x16 (double-width) slots, so - when (and if) I'm ever able to increase the total numbers of cores to say 20, I'll also be able to do so in the most cost-effective way, i.e. by simply adding one or two more identical GPU cards - but:

- how many Titan Xps would you advise to start with, assuming "just" 2x 8 CPU cores?

Just to make it easier for those willing to advise: my projects are mostly UHD (or DCI 4K) @50p (sometimes 25p); the source media - XAVC-I from my FS7 and Long-GOP from my GH5 (often replaced by the highest quality DNxHR or Prores when I'm able to use the GH5 with the Shogun Inferno). I grade for HDR10, and my grades and edits are not particularly heavy (at the moment - I bet that in the future, I will start using much more "sophisticated" grades)... Please share your thoughts; TIA

Piotr
Last edited by Piotr Wozniacki on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP3200 | 2x RTX 2080Ti GPU | 4x 3TB WD Black RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

Cary Knoop

Re: Call for advise: how many Titan Xps with dual 8-core Xeo

PostSun Feb 18, 2018 6:18 pm

With budget considerations I would consider a 1950X Threadripper instead of using expensive Xeons.

I process HDR10 4k@60 also with the Shogun Inferno and use proxies when necessary if I have to do heavy editing. I have a single 1080ti and whith any grain or other processing the GPU is typically the bottleneck. But with a 1950X Threadripper and 2 1080ti's I would think you come a long way.

Jack Fairley

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 7:23 pm

I think an i9-7960X or Threadripper 1950X build would be more cost effective.

I have a 1950X with 2x 1080ti, and I've only ever been bottlenecked by 6K/8K RED samples (CPU), and sufficient TNR (or other GPU effects) on 4K timelines. If you are curious about performance, I am happy to test sample footage/project playback.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Andrew Kolakowski

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 7:27 pm

Yep, such system should be way more cost effective (substantially not a bit).
Xeons are good when there is real need for them.
Overclocked i9/TR sounds way more appropriate for your needs.

Chip.Murphy

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 9:46 pm

Zenith extreme paired with a 1950x and dual 1080ti. You're looking at $5,000 USD tops.

Piotr Wozniacki

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 5:49 am

OK, I guess you are right - switching from 2x 8-core Xeons to the 16-core i9 :) But the question remains - for the best CPU/GPU balance, will 2x Titan Xp be OK? Or will 2x 1080ti be sufficient?

I'll build this from scratch, and performance is more important then price...In my current PC, my 8-core i7 worked great with 2x 1080 (neither CPU not GPU create any bottleneck). Would like to achieve the same with the new, faster build.

With the information about DR14 being optimized for a single GPU, perhaps a single Titan Xp would balance the 8-core i9 nicely?

Piotr
AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP3200 | 2x RTX 2080Ti GPU | 4x 3TB WD Black RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

Jack Fairley

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 7:33 am

Piotr Wozniacki wrote:With the information about DR14 being optimized for a single GPU, perhaps a single Titan Xp would balance the 8-core i9 nicely?

Since you are working regularly with UHD material, I recommend the second GPU. Because graphics card prices are so ridiculous now the Titan Xp isn't much more than the 1080ti, so I would just go that direction (times two).
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Frank Glencairn

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 10:41 am

Before you fork out a ton of money, you may want to read this first:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/artic ... n-Xp-1060/
http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

I told you so :-)

Andrew Kolakowski

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 10:58 am

Solution is simple. Buy one Titan and if you find it not enough add 2nd one. Just make sure your system has space for 2.

Piotr Wozniacki

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 11:09 am

Thanks for that, Frank - looks like 16-core i9 with 2 Titan Xps is a sweet spot.

Piotr

Piotr Wozniacki

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 2:05 pm

A question for $1,000,000 remains:

Building my i9-7960X 16-core system, should I definitely go for 2x Titan Xp or will 2x GTX 1080ti performance be practically the same?

Piotr

John Paines

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 2:10 pm

It's a generic benchmark, but still might be of use:

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Andrew Kolakowski

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 2:35 pm

Piotr Wozniacki wrote:A question for $1,000,000 remains:

Building my i9-7960X 16-core system, should I definitely go for 2x Titan Xp or will 2x GTX 1080ti performance be practically the same?

Piotr

TitanXp should be faster (more CUDA cores and faster memory). I don't think you will hit CPU bottleneck with your files type.
Maybe on some exports CPU bottleneck will show up.
Will you really see difference in real life with 2xTi or Xp, I don't think.
It's maybe more question of 1x Xp or 2xTi. Then it's more interesting question from performance and price wise point.

Carsten Sellberg

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 2:42 pm

Hi.

I do not know if you can wait a few months.
nVidea introduced the GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 in the spring of 2016. The rumers say the next generation will be introduced very soon. My guess is it will be called GTX 2080 etc. You can try to Google it. Samsung started full production of GDDR6 VRam for some time ago. I be live it must be for the new Graphics Cards.

AMD has officiel announced new CPU's produced in the 12nm process. The next generation of the Ryzen will come to April. Here is a link to an unofficial Multi Core Score of 20102. That is an increase of 31% compared to the current generation.

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/6690641

And AMD has also officiel announced the next generation of the Threadripper in the second half of 2018. I hope it will have similar gains.

Regards Carsten.
URSA Mini 4.6K

Piotr Wozniacki

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 9:09 am

As I didn't want to wait till the prices of mainstream graphics card drop, I manged to sell both my GTX 1080 and replaced them with a single Titan Xp.

Watching the Windows Task Manager performance graphs for my 8-core CPU and my new GPU, I can see the CPU has probably become sort of a bottleneck now - with (depending of what Resolve's doing at the moment) the CPU fully taxed, while the GPU maxim load I saw has always been below 30% (when caching a timeline with some FXes and NR, both previous GPU were taxed close to the maximum, up to 99%).

Does it translate to a better overall working experience? Difficult to answer yet; must use the configuration for some longer time and though different scenarios to tell. But do you guys think I should replace my 8-core i7 with the 16-core i9 - or save some money and go for the 14-core one? Not only is it cheaper, but the base frequency is higher at 3.1GHz vs. just 2.8GHz with the 16-core one. I'm aware I'd need to replace my x99 mobo as well, so the CPU update will have to wait till I find a buyer for at least the "core" of my current PC (the X99 mobo+RAM+CPU+CPU cooler)

Opinions welcome :)

Piotr

Craig Marshall

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 10:02 am

The danger with 'enthusiastic hobbyists', especially those with a technical ability, is they constantly spend money and keep upgrading. I have one or two recently retired associates who fall into this category. Given that your current setup seems fairly adequate, my advice would be to generate some income from your hobby before you go spending even more money. Constant upgrading can be a slippery slope...
4K Post Studio, Freelance Filmmaker, Media Writer
Win10/Lightworks/Resolve 15.1/X-Keys 68 Jog-Shuttle/OxygenTec ProPanel
12G SDI Decklink 4K Pro/Calibrated 10bit IPS SDI Monitor
HDvideo4K.com

Piotr Wozniacki

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 10:22 am

Craig Marshall wrote:The danger with 'enthusiastic hobbyists', especially those with a technical ability, is they constantly spend money and keep upgrading. I have one or two recently retired associates who fall into this category. Given that your current setup seems fairly adequate, my advice would be to generate some income from your hobby before you go spending even more money. Constant upgrading can be a slippery slope...
You are so right, Craig... But the Titan screams for more CPU juice - and considering I will retire from my main job soon - if I don't do it now, I may as well not be able to ever do it.

Piotr

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Piotr Wozniacki

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 10:22 am

Craig Marshall wrote:The danger with 'enthusiastic hobbyists', especially those with a technical ability, is they constantly spend money and keep upgrading. I have one or two recently retired associates who fall into this category. Given that your current setup seems fairly adequate, my advice would be to generate some income from your hobby before you go spending even more money. Constant upgrading can be a slippery slope...
You are so right, Craig... But the Titan screams for more CPU juice - and considering I will retire from my main job soon - if I don't do it now, I may as well not be able to ever do it.

Piotr

Roel Videler

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 12:22 pm

Sounds familiar. I've got the previous generation Supermicro and am constantly comparing to new hardware. Which is faster and cheaper. But I already have this and it's super stable, and I actually use the IPMI to control the system remotely sometimes. It's extremely robust. But...

If I would get rid of this system now I'd definately go the enthousiast hardware route. Although I like my Xeons and buckets of ECC ram, I don't really think it's helping me THAT much. Speed is more valuable in everyday operations and high performance parts are pretty reliable.

In conclusion though, I won't be replacing my hardware any time soon. I feel I might look into it again when the next gen of CPU and GPU hardware arrives, but chances are I'll skip another step and go for whatever comes next, unless I'm truly rocked by the difference OR the prices of current gen drop significantly.

Unless someone will take my Supermicro off me for big €€€.
DaVinci Resolve Studio 17
HP Z640, Mini Panel, Windows 10 Pro x64, 2x Intel E5-26something, 64GB, Mini Monitor 4K, GTX1080Ti

SkierEvans

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 2:07 pm

Piotr, I retired 16 years ago also from a tech background. With that in mind I also knew that technology has a habit of doubling performance at half the price quicker than one can use it !!! If you do not need the performance to edit today do not buy as there is a likelihood that even next week something will come out to make the purchase seem a little silly. Looking at utilization is not measuring if it is good enough to work with. A bit like saying a need a faster car when one knows that the slowest one can get you a speeding ticket !!!

My main editor is EDIUS 8.5WG and also learning Resolve. Present system is i7 4790K with a MSI 11G 1080Ti also Intensity Pro 4K card that of course will work with both NLE's and also Vegas 15 that I have too. For both EDIUS and Resolve this system is happy to edit my GH5 UHD 60P files in either a 3840x2160 or a 1920 x1080 project as I can set up both to manage the preview resolution to get what I want. Since I made my 4790K system I have looked at all the possible upgrades and just stayed with it as the true gains for my use ( mainly theatre shows ) can be managed with little effort. I will likely get a Threadripper system later in the year when the 12nm parts come out for a number of reasons. AMD has said they will stay with the TR4 socket for a while so this should still be usable when the 7nm parts comes out in a couple of years too. Staying with a socket is not something that Intel have a good record of keeping !!!

If your present system works for you I would stay with it. By next year you will likely be able to get twice the performance for a lot less than it would cost you today.
Threadripper 1920, Gigabyte X399 DESIGNARE EX, 32G RAM, Gigabyte 4070Ti 12G, ASUS PB328Q, IP4K, WIN10 Pro 22H2, Speed Editor

Resolve Studio 18, EDIUS 9WG,EDIUS X WG, Vegas 18

Studio Max M1 24 core GPU, 32G, 1T drive. iPad Pro 12.9` M2 16G, 1T

Piotr Wozniacki

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 5:57 pm

SkierEvans wrote: A bit like saying a need a faster car when one knows that the slowest one can get you a speeding ticket !!!

Call me silly then but I'll always want a faster car

Piotr

PS. Not to mention I haven't even started my multicam music video edits yet... 8-core CPU isn't going to be enough for that - not without time - consuming transcoding or optimized media creation!

AlanKafton

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 8:00 pm

You might want to check this out....

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/artic ... n-SP-1121/

—Alan

SkierEvans

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 10:31 pm

Piotr. I did not intend to call you silly at all. I share your desire for fast things and was just pointing out that getting more than you actually need at any time is likely not beneficial. Certainly expecting to get a system that will last a while for sure will not be the case with the rate of change of technology. Next year for sure will bring the possibility of a faster and lower cost system. As the Pugetsystem test shows the CPU is of less importance in most cases and having a system with lots of PCI lanes for both GPU and other cards may be more important. This is where the Threadripper has an advantage over some of the Intel parts in that just about all the Threadripper motherboards have a lot more PCI lanes.

I edit multicam from my GH5 UHD60P with 4 other HD cameras in EDIUS 8.5 WG in a 1920x1080 project with no problems on my 4790K system. If they were all UHD yes that would be a problem !!!

My current thought is a Threadripper system and an extra 1080Ti card to the one I already have in my present system.

EDIT: The 4790K does have an advantage in that it has QS so the decode on the EDIUS timeline is accelerated and worth while. Interestingly this worked together with the 1080Ti for Resolve 12 but does not do so for Resolve 14 which insists on just using the 1080Ti and I had to rearrange the way my monitors were connected to use when I upgraded to Resolve Studio 14
Threadripper 1920, Gigabyte X399 DESIGNARE EX, 32G RAM, Gigabyte 4070Ti 12G, ASUS PB328Q, IP4K, WIN10 Pro 22H2, Speed Editor

Resolve Studio 18, EDIUS 9WG,EDIUS X WG, Vegas 18

Studio Max M1 24 core GPU, 32G, 1T drive. iPad Pro 12.9` M2 16G, 1T

Dermot Shane

PostWed Mar 07, 2018 1:28 am

Piotr;

i have a machine with dual 2680v1's and a single GTX1080, i have no real world issues with 4k timlines, i mostly work with ArriRAW, RED, EXR and DPX filmscans

i have a reasonably large and fast disk array, there's no noticable bottlenecks in my systems during a a working day, client attended, under preasure

Piotr Wozniacki

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 6:51 am

Dear Friends,

As you can see, I have already corrected my original plans of upgrading to a dual-Xenon workstation, and - after having replaced my 2x GTX 1080 with 1x Titan Xp, and seeing how my current 8-core CPU is now taxed in comparison to this mighty GPU - am trying to upgrade the 8-core i7 to 14 or 16-core i9,

My questions to you are currently following:

- which of the two i9 mentioned will match my single Titan Xp better
- as - in order to accommodate the latest generation i9 CPU - I'll also need to replace my X99 mobo with the X299 one, should I buy a model with enough PCIe lanes/slots for accommodating another Titan Xp in the future, or will my current, single Titan Xp always be enough (i.e. even with the 16-core i9 CPU)?

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions,

Piotr

Chris Timson

Re: Call for advise: how many cores i9 CPU with single Titan

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 11:37 am

Hi Piotr

I made a recent upgrade from my ageing i7 setup to a new one. Mysetup is as follows;

i9-7980XE
Asus Prime Deluxe
32Gb DDR4 RAM 3200
SSD RAID with Samsung NVMe scratch

I'm currently only using a GTX980 but plan a 1080Titan as soon as I can get one. The system performs extremely well and without any problems. I'm running Resolve, Premiere and AE on the same system.

Cinebench score cpu 4141 and opengl 183.48fps

Chris
i9-13900K - MSI MEG Z790 ACE - 64Gb - RTX3090 - BMD Mini Panel - 200Tb Thunderbolt 3 storage

Andrew Kolakowski

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 12:21 pm

I would go for i9-7940X and overclock it (specially when you're not planing to work with RED footage).
Running 14 cores at high clock is going to be more effective than 18 cores at much lower clock. There should be quite a lot of headroom for 14 cores to run at high clock all the time.

Piotr Wozniacki

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 12:26 pm

That's what I mean, Andrew - I do need that higher base clock, if only for some apps which are not parallelized, and only use a single core...

The 14-core i9 with its 3.1GHz looks like a good compromise (being cheaper as a bonus)...

Piotr

Andrew Kolakowski

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 12:44 pm

You should be easily able to run it at e.g. 3.5GHz just with simple overclocking and cooling. More effort should give 4GHz and this is would speed up things massively.

3.5GHz will be already faster than i9-7980XE at stock clock.

Just noticed that this forum user: Margus Voll has i9 7940X running at 4.6GHz and 2x Titan Pascal.

Piotr Wozniacki

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Yeah... One can really get lost, with all this contradictory information!

I've heard "for the fact" thgat with Resolve 14.3, a single strong GPU like the Titan Xp is the best solution, but they (BMD) never said anything about the CPU/number of cores. Indeed - after replacing my 2x GTX 1080 with a single Titan Xp, I can see it never is taxed higher than some 30% (with my 8-core i7 CPU), but frankly the overall experience doesn't seem to be much faster than with my old GPUs... This is why I want to "balance" my CPU and GPU better, and think the 14 or 16 core might just create that sweet spot. But would it then call for another Titan Xp? It'd better not, because my old problem of lacking PCIe lanes would appear again...For that reason, I'd prefer to stay with just a single Titan Xp, and upgrade to the "sweet spot" number of CPU cores only...

Piotr

PS. Margus has just responded to my inquiry; from what he says a single Titan Xp would balance nicely with the 14-core i9. I guess this is the way to go for me (unless some new information/benchmark surfaces again :))...

Andrew Kolakowski

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 1:42 pm

You're thinking to much and overdoing it.
Build machine which works for your needs not the fastest money can buy as in 1 year things will be already very different. At some point you add eg. another 2K Euro to gain 5% performance, which is pure waste of money.

I don't think you need faster machine than i9 14+ cores with single Titan.
When you work in Resolve you want things to be realtime. It's only when you export CPU+GPU power can be used at maximum. If you can already export 4K 60p projects in realtime I would say this is good and not much more is needed.

Cary Knoop

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 3:51 pm

I am using a Threadripper 1950X running at 3.95GHz together with the a 1080Ti and my bottle neck is typically the GPU. I do not see why that would be different with the Core i9 line.

For video processing I would first think of a getting second GPU.

Piotr Wozniacki wrote:With the information about DR14 being optimized for a single GPU, perhaps a single Titan Xp would balance the 8-core i9 nicely?

How did you conclude that?
I don't believe that is true at all. As long as you use GPUs with identical performance characteristics it should scale just fine.

Piotr Wozniacki

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 4:53 pm

Cary Knoop wrote:How did you conclude that?
I don't believe that is true at all. As long as you use GPUs with identical performance characteristics it should scale just fine.

Info straight from BMD guys here.

Piotr

Dermot Shane

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 5:24 pm

i see things much like Andrew.. i own three machines, i freelance on a few others, some are monsters, one is well, a bit underpowered to be polite

but in the real world, the artist expereince is much the same driveing day in / day out
the diffrences are manly when exporting

the transparent machines are;
supermicro 2x 2687w_v3/ 4x TitanXp
z820, 2x 2695_v2 / 2 x 1080Ti
z820 2x 2690_v1 / 1x 1080

all the above are comparable when working with a surface and clients in the room, there's no issues with any of them, same amount of work gets done in the same amount of time - the diffrences are mainly in render speed once the cleints leave, and normaly we do not deliver the same day as the session anyway, so rendering R3D's to DPX at 100Fps or at 60Fps makes next to zero diffrence

then there's the second lot, in decending order, in my experience, none of these would be a good choice for a client attended session @ 4k, but useable at 2k/HD
7940x / 1 x 1080
z800; 2x 5690 / 1x1080
trashcan; 12cores / 2xd700
t5500; 2x 5580 / 1x1050Ti

End game for me is to use machines that run a session transparently, beyond that, i'd need to see what the return on the investment could possiably be.... a z820 with 2x 8 core cpu's is the bar to pass over for the work i do, anything beyond that has diminishing returns, or perhaps zero returns beyond bragging rights

Piotr Wozniacki

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 5:43 pm

Very interesting discussion you guys are making of this little thread of mine. But please do some search what my demands from the hardware are when editing my 6--10 camera music video, and you'll understand it's not just the rendering/exporting phase which is important here :)

Piotr

Cary Knoop

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 6:21 pm

Piotr Wozniacki wrote:
Cary Knoop wrote:How did you conclude that?

Info straight from BMD guys here.

Piotr

Perhaps I am wrong but I don't think they said that.
I think they said that one should avoid a low performance second "display only GPU" not that Resolve 14 is optimized for a single GPU.

Piotr Wozniacki

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 6:32 pm

Well - it's true they said it in a way which might be understood in any of the two ways. Hopefully, one of our BMD friends will chime in and elaborate.

Anyway - just in case the compute GPUs still do scale the way the have always did - I decided to go with an X299 motherboard which will let me add another Titan Xp without the need of relegating my double-width Decklink card outside the case... It's always better to have options than to exclude them for a couple hundred dollar price difference.

Piotr

Dermot Shane

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 7:20 pm

well, long LOOOOOONNNNGGGGG before i'd build a machine to offline edit six streams of UHD in a UHD timeline, i'd go to a proxy based off-line style workflow in HD... but i live in a world that splits creative editing and finishing for the most part

so really.... six streams of long GOP UHD in a UHD timeline for creaive story telling?

Why on earth would one do that?

HDR10 or any HDR flavor for that matter makes zero diffrence to the machine

anyway i live in a world where i grade and finish a single stream of raw mainly, with some EXR and DPX film scans

note "single stream" and zero long-GOP ;-)

Piotr Wozniacki

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 7:46 pm

HaHa - no, I'm most certainly NOT going to cut multicamera timeline with UHD clips in an L-GoP format. But even having created HD optimized media with some intra-frame codec, because of this a/v sync millisecond precision demand, I need a zero-drop-frame playback capability of all those tracks, comprising my MC timeline.

A virtually no lag, zero latency DAW!

Piotr

Return to DaVinci Resolve