Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Copy paste an animation ?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Yannis Drici

Copy paste an animation ?

PostSun Mar 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Hey ! Noob question again but I spent a couple of hours searching for this...

I'm making an animated effect of contrast over a static artwork that will be displayed during a song to give the feeling that it glows a bit.
So basically I linked a brighteness / contrast node over my artwork node, I animated contrast and every 5 frames I applied 0.085 or -0.085 contrast. I did one whole song like this and it took a while and there is still 7 more to come.

I tried classic ctrl + select on the bar with the green lines on the bottom and then C+V, didn't work. And can't find any copy paste options in there.

Okke Verbart

Re: Copy paste an animation ?

PostSun Mar 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Hi Yannis - for this case I would use a shake or perturb modifier on the contrast parameter, to have a bit of variety(right-click --> modify with --> shake or perturb). Then change the parameters on the modifier tab.

If you want the exact same animation however, head over to the "Spline tab", select the few keyframes you made and then, at the top of the diagram, click the "Select Loop" icon.
www.ablackbirdcalledsue.com

Yannis Drici

PostSun Mar 11, 2018 8:21 pm

Wow thank you ! You helped me gain maybe 10 hours hahah
Thanks for the other tips as well :)

KonradWelz

PostWed Mar 14, 2018 10:24 pm

Yannis Drici wrote:I tried classic ctrl + select on the bar with the green lines on the bottom and then C+V, didn't work. And can't find any copy paste options in there.

In the past the lack of CMD+C and CMD+V with keyframes in the Timeline or Spline editor used to drive me crazy. On a Mac, you select the keyframes you want to copy, then click CMD+Left Click to drag them where you want them duplicated. I assume the Windows version will be similar.

Return to Fusion